Nigerian Actresses; Damilola Adegbite, Toke Makinwa Robbed In London

84171

Ace actress, Damilola Adegbite and top television host, and vlogger, Toke Makinwa have revealed that they were victims of robbery attacks in London recently.

Adegbite disclosed that her handbag was snatched with her phone and all the money for her trip was taken away from her.

She explained that she would have been stranded if not for a helper and that the Metropolitan Police had to get involved as it was like a movie.

She further disclosed that she later got an alert from Apple that her iPhone is now in China.

READ ALSO:   Court Dismisses Case Against CBN’s Directives on Bank Charges

“Regardless of where you are or where you plan to go, the most important thing is for God to be with you. My handbag was stolen some weeks ago in London. My phone and all my money for the trip gone in a second, literally.

MET police had to get involved. It was like a movie. Thank God for a helper. I would have been stranded in a foreign land. The world has changed guys. It’s not the destination, it’s about where we will flourish, prosper and be happiest!

READ ALSO:   Striking At The Future Of The Nigerian Youths, By Dakuku Peterside

“Second slide. Got an alert from Apple. My phone has reached China before me. It is well. Just try and make the most of whatever situation you find yourself in as you aim for higher!” she disclosed.

Similarly, Makinwa revealed that she was also robbed in London via her social media account.

READ ALSO:   PDP Crisis: Wike Defies Party’s Rule, Storms BoT Meeting

Makinwa was among the guests who attended the white wedding of actress Rita Dominic and her spouse Fidelis Anosike on November 26, 2022, at Selby Abbey in North Yorkshire, England.

Three days after the wedding, she revealed the robbery incident on her Instagram story. The 38-year-old woman claims that all of her belongings were taken. She bemoaned her inability to speak and questioned how this could have occurred.

READ ALSO:   How 1m Covid Vaccines Expired Without Being Used In Nigeria -- Report

She wrote: ‘Just got robbed in London… I’m speechless. All my valuables are gone. Gosh, how could this happen to me.’

It would be recalled that the federal government earlier this week warned Nigerians travelling to the United States and Europe to “take extra precaution” with their belongings.

The Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed at a news conference in Abuja disclosed that the advisory was prompted by an attack on Nigerians in London and the stealing of their belongings, including passports.

READ ALSO:   Denmark Takes The Law Into Its Hands? By Dakuku Peterside

Mohammed said, “It has come to the attention of the government that Nigerian travellers to the United States and some countries in Europe are having their belongings, especially, money and international passports, stolen at an increasingly high rate.

“The most recent victims of this are travellers to the UK, most of whom were dispossessed of their belongings at high-brow shops, particularly in the high street of Oxford.

READ ALSO:   Killer-herdsmen: Five Governors Meet Abiodun In Ogun For Peace Talks

“We have therefore decided to advise Nigerians travelling to Europe and the United States to take extra precautions to avoid being dispossessed of their belongings.

“This is not your typical travel advisory. Issuing such is the prerogative of our Embassies/High Commissions as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It is merely a piece of advice to Nigerians who may be visiting the affected parts of the world,” the minister said

Subscribe to Our VIP Newsletter

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here