Yoruba Nation Agitator, Chief Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Igboho has said the mega rally scheduled to hold in Lagos State on Saturday will go as planned.
The activists had earlier suspended the rally following the invasion of his residence located in Soka area of Ibadan, Oyo State, Thursday.
However, in a live Facebook video session conducted by the spokesman of Igboho, Mr Olayomi Koiki, the activist has decided to hold the mega rally in Lagos State.
Recall that the mega rally had kickstarted in Osun state and had since held in Ondo, Ogun, and Ekiti States.
According to Igboho and his co-agitators, the mega rally is aimed at pushing the envelope in respect of the secessionist agitation geared towards pulling the Southwest region out of Nigeria.
However, Koiki has asked the supporters of his principal to not be weary, adding that they should come out enmass to protest on Saturday.
In his words, “I can still confirm officially that the Lagos rally in as much as whatever news or rumours you’ve been listening to from different outlets, will go as planned.
“The 3rd of July Mega rally will go as planned. All arrangements for the rally has been planned and nothing has changed.
“I have spoken to the organisers, nothing has changed so far. 3rd of July from exactly 9:00am in the morning. The whole arrangement and planning is going on.”
“I’ve spoken with the general Secretary of Ilana Omo Odua, George Akinola and also in the early hours before noon, I spoke with Banji Akintoye and he is working tirelessly for the release of those taken away.
“The rally in Lagos is going to be a peaceful rally, it is going to be a mega rally, do not be disturbed about what happened. So many development took place at Igboho’s house.
“We might get a form of video from Igboho about the Lagos rally, which might be released, we’ll be deciding that in the next 24 hours.”
“He (Igboho) asked me to tell you all, not to be weighed down about what happened, he is standing with the Yoruba Nation agenda”.
This is coming in defiance to the warning of the Lagos Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu and the recent declaration of the Department of State Services (DSS).
Odumosu had warned Igboho and his co-agitators against holding any rally in Lagos State.
He had said that “no rally will be allowed, under whatever guise, in any part of the state. The Command, therefore, warns the organisers and their followers against staging the planned rally and stay clear of the streets of Lagos for the interest of the State and the general public as anyone caught participating or facilitating the rally will be dealt with within the ambits of the law.”
Similarly, The New Diplomat had reported that the DSS had declared Igboho wanted.
According to the DSS spokesman, Peter Afunanya, who addressed a press conference on Thursday, the guards of Igboho engaged a team of joint security operatives in a fierce gun battle during the invasion of his residence.
Afunanya stated that the invasion was based on an intelligence report that Igboho was stockpiling arms to cause chaos within the southwest region.
He also noted that two of Igboho’s men were killed while some operatives of the DSS sustained various degrees of injuries.
Also, arms, ammunition, charms among other items, were recovered from the house, while 13 person were arrested after almost one hour of gun exchange between security operatives and Igboho’s guards.