Real Madrid Denies Neymar, Mbappé Bids As Ronaldo Rumours Swirl

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

Kano Govt Demands Immediate Arrest of Ex-Governor Ganduje Over Security Comments

By Abiola Olawale The Kano State Executive Council has called for the immediate investigation and arrest of the former Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, following what it describes as "inciting and reckless" public comments concerning the state's security situation. The demand, raised after a State Executive Council meeting on Thursday, accused the former governor of…

(VIDEO) Obasanjo backs foreign intervention as insecurity worsens, slams FG’s approach

By Obinna Uballa Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has called on the Federal Government to halt all negotiations with terrorists and seek international assistance to tackle Nigeria’s worsening insecurity. Obasanjo issued the warning on Friday while speaking at the Plateau State Unity Christmas Carol and Praise Festival in Jos, amid a wave of killings and mass…

Ad

Real Madrid have dismissed as “absolutely untrue” reports of a €310 million bid for Paris Saint-Germain’s Neymar that sparked rumours he could serve as a replacement if superstar Cristiano Ronaldo leaves the Spanish giants.

The colossal transfer claim, which would dwarf the 222 million-dollar deal that made Neymar the world’s most expensive player last year, was made by Spain’s public television station TVE on Monday evening.

Real were quick to knock it down, saying in a statement they had not been consulted by TVE before the broadcast.

“Real Madrid have made no offer of any kind to PSG or the player,” added the European champions, the home of Ronaldo since 2009.

TVE stood by its reporting however, saying on its website that the claim came from sources it considered to be the “most reliable”.

The report came hours after Neymar’s Brazil saw off Mexico 2-0 in the World Cup last 16 in Russia to set up a tantalising quarterfinal clash with Belgium.

Despite Real’s strong rejection, the transfer rumour mill swirled at the possibility of a galactico swap, following hints that both Neymar and Ronaldo could be unhappy at their star-studded clubs.

Neymar, 26, moved to PSG last year and went on to score 19 goals in just 20 league games before suffering a foot injury in February that required surgery in Brazil.

He only returned to France in May, fuelling speculation that he could seek to leave the club after just one season.

Ronaldo, who had shined in the World Cup before his Portugal side was beaten by Uruguay on Saturday, cast doubt over his commitment to Real after winning the Champions League in May.

“It was very nice to be in Madrid,” he said, adding that “in the next few days I will give an answer to the fans”.

He later walked back the statement, but doubts over his future at Madrid have lingered.

Real Madrid has also been thrown into flux after coach Zinedine Zidane stepped down in June having steered the club to a third successive Champions League trophy.

His replacement Julen Lopetegui said in June that Ronaldo is a player he wants “at his side always”

Real Madrid has debunk information published in the last few hours regarding an alleged agreement between Real Madrid C.F. and PSG for the player Kylian Mbappé, Real Madrid would like to state that it is completely false.

Real Madrid has not made any offer to PSG or the player and condemns the spreading of this type of information that has not been proven by the parties concerned.

Ad

X whatsapp