Its Official! Sports Minister Confirms Sack Of NYSC DG

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

Tinubu Nominates Mahmud Yakubu, Fani-Kayode, Omokri, Others as Ambassadors

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has forwarded a fresh list of 32 ambassadorial nominees to the Senate for screening and confirmation. The list features a mix of seasoned career diplomats and high-profile non-career appointees, including several notable political figures whose nominations have instantly generated significant public discourse. ​This second batch of nominations comes…

Why Guinea-Bissau Coup is More Painful Than 2015 Election Loss– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has described the recent military coup in Guinea-Bissau, which halted a nearly completed electoral process, as a deeper personal blow than his own 2015 presidential election defeat. ​In a statement following his evacuation from the West African nation where he was serving as an election observer, Jonathan…

Kano Govt Demands Immediate Arrest of Ex-Governor Ganduje Over Security Comments

By Abiola Olawale The Kano State Executive Council has called for the immediate investigation and arrest of the former Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, following what it describes as "inciting and reckless" public comments concerning the state's security situation. The demand, raised after a State Executive Council meeting on Thursday, accused the former governor of…

Ad

Following speculations trailing the fate of Brigadier-General Mohammed Fadah as the Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), the Minister of Sports and Youth Development, Sunday Dare has confirmed his sack as the DG of NYSC.

He gave the confirmation Friday morning after various online platforms had on Thursday evening broken the news of his disengagement from the NYSC.

The minister, while reacting to an inquiry earlier sent to him, in the early hours of Friday, simply said: “yes”.

A presidency source had said there was an indication that the NYSC DG’s days were numbered when the minister expressed reservations about his attitude.

“The minister of sports had cause to complain about his attitude to some big men. I knew he was not going to last,” the source said.

Daily Trust learnt that the former NYSC boss had been instructed to hand over to the most senior official of the corps, who will run it in an acting capacity until a new Director-General is appointed.

Fadah assumed office in May 2022.

The sources said Fadah’s removal was because he ‘exhibited glaring incompetence’ in the six months he has piloted the affairs of NYSC.

Ad

X whatsapp