Insecurity In Nigeria Has Reduced Under Tinubu – NSA

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

2027: Jonathan's likely Presidential Bid gets PDP’s S'South Support as Rivers Kick, Split

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Nigeria opens 50 oil, gas blocks as NUPRC launches 2025 licensing round

By Obinna Uballa The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has announced that 50 oil and gas blocks across multiple basins will be placed on offer as part of the 2025 Petroleum Licensing Round, scheduled to begin on December 1. The commission said the bid round, approved by President Bola Tinubu, will be conducted in…

Ad

By Louis Achi

The National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has declared that insecurity has reduced across the country since President Bola Ahmed Tinubu took over power.

According to Ribadu, Tinubu does not make noise over the breakthroughs recorded in the security sector since his assumption of office.

Speaking during the ongoing 19th Annual Nigerian Editors Conference (ANEC) in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State capital, on Thursday, Ribadu said the current administration inherited a tough period.

He explained that militancy in the Niger Delta and insecurity in the South East has reduced since Tinubu’s administration came on board, adding that it will get better.

His words: “Let me start with the Niger Delta; at the time we took over, the production of crude oil was 1.1 mbd. Today, crude oil production is over 1.7 mbd.

“We have witnessed three weeks without any incident of security challenge in the Niger Delta. This is the first time since 1993, but we don’t talk.

“In the South East, when we took over last year we had 46 police stations attacked, today we don’t have one single one.

“In the last two months, not a single person had been killed through violent attacks in the south east. We don’t talk. The leadership we have in our country understand things a bit better. Work more, talk less,” he stated.

The NSA said though security has improved in the country, all hands must be on deck to surmount other security challenges.

He said the federal government would continue to do everything possible to improve on the welfare of its citizens and remain transparent in government business.

Ad

X whatsapp