NSA: Sambisa Forest To Be Liberated

22494

On the one year anniversary of the abduction of over 200 Chibok girls, the National Security Adviser (NSA) Col.  Sambo Dasuki has assured that the girls will be rescued by the military, adding, that the Sambisa Forest will be  liberated before May 29.

In a statement by PRNigeria, the NSA said, the movement of the terrorists is being monitored and the military is  leaving no stone unturned to “rid the country of the last bastion of terrorists’ infestation”.Sambisa Forest

Read also: NDDC Probe: Security Beefed Up At Venue As Committee Awaits Akpabio, Pondei

“Right now, all Boko Haram camps, except Sambisa Forest have been destroyed. The forest would have since been  liberated but for the unfavourable weather condition prevailing in the area as all needed reconnaissance activity and necessary deployment of troops have been made for the operation. ”

Read also: Assailants’ Attack On Ooni ‘Greatest Sacrilege’, Yoruba Youths Express Rage

“Every movement of the terrorists is being monitored and every necessary detail is being taken care of to rid the country of the last bastion of terrorists’ infestation”.

“Aside the Chibok girls, other Nigerian girls, boys, men and women were abducted by the terrorists and all efforts are being made to rescue them all.”

While appealing for a little more time to complete the routing of terrorists, Dasuki recalled that before elections were postponed in February, over 20 local governments were occupied by Book Haram and that most Nigerians were pleasantly surprised that so much was achieved against insurgency within six weeks.

Commending President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan on the successful conduct of the 2015 elections, the security adviser however, noted that nobody pressured the President into conceding defeat in the presidential election.

Read also: Again, Senate Asks Military Chiefs To Go In New Resolution

“President Jonathan had already given his words to all the security and service chiefs before the election that he would abide by the decision of Nigerians. At the meeting, he also told them to perform their duties professionally during the polls.

“While we anticipated that he would congratulate his opponent if the result is announced in favour of opposition candidate, he gratuitously without prompting of anyone conceded defeat to the surprise of all.”

Subscribe to Our VIP Newsletter

Previous articleUN: Isis And Boko Haram Using Rape As Weapon of War In ‘Shocking Trend of Sexual Violence’
Next articlePDP Hails S/Court Ruling on Fayose
Hamilton Nwosa

The New Diplomat stands for ethical journalism, press freedom, accountable republic, and gender-equity. That is why at The New Diplomat, we are committed to speaking truth to power, fostering a robust community of responsible journalism, and using high quality polls, data, and surveys to engage the public with compelling narratives about political, business, socio-economic, environmental, and situational dynamics in Nigeria, Africa, and globally. From our insightful reports of political issues to our riveting investigations and analyses of business, socio-economic, and cross-cutting sectors, The New Diplomat remains ever committed to investigative reporting and ethical journalism. Support and partner with The New Diplomat today, to guarantee a positive future for all under an atmosphere of free press!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here