Breaking! Video: Students Feared Dead As Blast Rattles School Area In Kano

Abiola Olawale
Writer

Ad

Dismisses Prime Minister over Compromising Phone Call with Cambodian Leader

Thailand’s Constitutional Court on Friday dismissed Paetongtarn Shinawatra from her position as prime minister, ruling that as the country’s leader she violated constitutional rules on ethics in a phone call with Cambodia’s Senate President Hun Sen. The ruling means she immediately loses her job, which she had held for about a year. Paetongtarn was suspended…

Oil Prices Dip but Stay on Track to Extend Last Week’s Gains

Crude oil prices were set for another weekly rise after additional 25% tariffs on Indian exports to the United States kicked in on Wednesday, raising doubts about the supply of Russian crude. At the time of writing, Brent crude was trading at $68.17 per barrel, with West Texas Intermediate at $64.20 per barrel, both slightly down from Thursday’s close…

Tesla sales tumble 40% in Europe as BYD surges past rival

By Obinna Uballa Tesla’s grip on the European electric vehicle market continued to loosen in July, with sales plunging 40% year-on-year even as Chinese challenger BYD posted explosive growth, according to data from the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA) on Thursday. New car registrations of Tesla vehicles totaled 8,837 in July, down 40% year-on-year, according…

Ad

  • We don’t know the Cause of Explosion Yet — Kano Govt

Scores of students have been feared dead as a blast reportedly rocked Aba Road, Sabon Gari, Kano State, on Tuesday.

Some early accounts had claimed it was a gas explosion, but others are disputing those claims, claiming a suicide bomber detonated an explosive device at a private school, in Sabon Gari Kano State.

The private school, a Nursery/ Primary is located along Aba road/Court road in the heart of the Community.

While further details about the blast remain sketchy as of the time of filing this report, videos and images surfacing from the scene showed how injured schoolchildren were being moved from the school.

In a video sighted by The New Diplomat, an injured student of the school was seen being taken away from the area of the blast incident. The student in the video said some unknown persons stormed the school and denotated the bomb.

“They came to throw bomb into the school and we didn’t know,” the student said in the video.

The number of casualties cannot be ascertained as of press time.

Reacting, the Commissioner for Information in Kano State, Mr Muhammad Garba has said while the cause of the explosion and the damage was yet to be officially ascertained, an investigation has since commenced to determine the cause, impact and measures to be taken.

Garba also called on the people in the state and those living in the area where the incident occurred, to remain calm as emergency responders try to save lives.

More to come soon…

Ad

X whatsapp