[Video] Netanyahu Breaks Silence, Says the Assassination Attempt on Him “a bitter mistake”

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

2027: Crack as Tinubu’s Northern ally, Senator Marafa Dumps APC, accuses president of betrayal, neglect

By Obinna Uballa A major crack has emerged in President Bola Tinubu’s Northern political base as a key stakeholder and former Zamfara Central Senator, Kabiru Garba Marafa, together with his supporters, have all resigned from the All Progressives Congress (APC), accusing the president of betrayal and neglect. Marafa, who reportedly coordinated the Tinubu/Shettima Campaign Organisation…

Concerns escalated as NIPOST Raises Payment to $80 Customs Duty on US Shipment

By Abiola Olawale Nigerians sending parcels to the United States will now face a mandatory $80 prepaid customs duty beginning from August 29, 2025, as announced by the Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST). This new charge, equivalent to its Naira value, applies to all non-document shipments, including parcels and packages, and will be collected at the…

Nigerian-Canadian, ex-Raptors president Masai Ujiri hails latest United Nations role

By Obinna Uballa Former Toronto Raptors president Masai Ujiri has expressed excitement over his appointment as a United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Advocate. The announcement, made on Thursday in a release by his foundation, Giants of Africa, confirms Ujiri’s inclusion in a select group of global leaders championing efforts to eradicate poverty and hunger,…

Ad

By Abiola Olawale

Israel’s Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu reacted to an attack on his private residence in the northern town of Caesarea earlier on Saturday.

The prime minister, in a statement on Saturday, declared that the attack was allegedly masterminded by some “Iranian agents”.

He stated that those who tried to assassinate him and his wife made a bitter mistake.

He added that the attack will not deter him from continuing the war and that anyone who harms Israelis will pay “a heavy price.”

He said: “This will not deter me and Israel from continuing the war of revival against our enemies to ensure our security for generations.

“I tell the Iranians and their partners in the axis of evil that anyone who harms the citizens of Israel will pay a heavy price for it. We will continue to eliminate your terrorists, bring back our abductees from Gaza, and return the northern residents to their homes.

“We will achieve all the war goals we have set and change the security reality in our region for generations.”

The New Diplomat reports that on Saturday, a drone launch suspected to be from Lebanon was targeted at Netanyahu’s private residence in the northern town of Caesarea.

The drone eventually hit another house in the town, with no casualties, and the prime minister’s office noted that Netanyahu and his wife were not in their private home at the time of the attack.

The attack came after the Israeli military confirmed that it had killed the leader of Hamas, Yahya Sinwar.

Sinwar is said to be the mastermind behind the deadly October 7, 2023, attack in Israel.

Before then, the Israeli military had announced the killing of Hassan Nasrallah, leader of a Lebanese Shia Islamist political party, Hezbollah.

The Israeli military claimed it killed Hezbollah’s leader in an air attack on Lebanon’s capital, Beirut.

Ad

X whatsapp