Trump’s Ceasefire Risks Collapse As Israel Orders New Strikes On Tehran

Abiola Olawale
Writer

Ad

(VIDEO) Bandits abduct pastor, worshippers in Kogi church attack, govt deploys helicopter, anti-kidnapping squad

By Obinna Uballa The Kogi State Government has launched a coordinated aerial and ground operation after armed bandits attacked a Cherubim and Seraphim church in Ejiba, Yagba West Local Government Area, on Sunday morning, November 30, 2025. Video footage posted by Egbe Emekun Parrot on Facebook and credited to Olusegun Iselaiye shows a state-deployed helicopter…

Manhunt underway for gunman who killed four, injured 10 at child’s birthday party in US

By Obinna Uballa A massive manhunt is underway in California, United States after a gunman opened fire at a child’s birthday party in Stockton, killing four people and injuring 10 others on Saturday evening. The shooting occurred around 6pm inside a banquet hall in Stockton, located in California’s Central Valley. Authorities say children are among…

SERAP drags Akpabio, Abbas to court over alleged diversion of N18.6bn National Assembly funds

By Obinna Uballa The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has filed a lawsuit against Senate President Godswill Akpabio and House of Representatives Speaker Tajudeen Abbas over their alleged failure to account for N18.6 billion earmarked for the construction of the National Assembly Service Commission (NASC) office complex. SERAP last week lodged the suit, marked…

Ad

• Says Iran Breach Truce Terms

By Kolawole Ojebisi 

It appears the warring nations of Israel and Iran have refused to embrace the truce declared by President Donald Trump of the United States.

This is as Israel’s Defence Minister, Israel Katz, reportedly ordered renewed military strikes on Tehran, hours after Trump’s declaration.

Katz condemned what he described as “Iran’s blatant violation of the ceasefire declared by the President of the United States.”

He stated that for this reason he had ordered the Israeli military to “continue high-intensity operations targeting regime assets and terror infrastructure in Tehran”

Meanwhile, according to Nour News, affiliated with Iran’s top security bodies the Islamic Republic has denied firing missiles in breach of the agreement.

According to Nour news the armed forces general staff said there had been “no launch of missiles towards Israel in recent hours.”

The blame game amid unrelenting mutual attacks between the warring nations has cast immediate doubt over the fragile ceasefire, intended to halt 12 days of escalating warfare between the two regional powers.

Recall that Trump had, on Tuesday, posted on his social media platform Truth Social, “THE CEASEFIRE IS NOW IN EFFECT. PLEASE DO NOT VIOLATE IT!”

Reacting immediately after Trump’s declaration, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel had achieved its military objectives, stating, “Israel thanks President Trump and the United States for their support in defence and their participation in eliminating the Iranian nuclear threat.”

Iran in its own case accepted the call for a truce with a condition that Israel will stop what it described as “unprovoked aggression” on its skies and territory.

Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi had earlier said Iran would suspend retaliatory strikes so long as Israel also ceased attacks from 4:00 a.m. Tehran time.

In its widely reported reaction, Iran Supreme National Security Council said the ceasefire reflected Israel’s forced acceptance of “defeat”, though it warned that Iranian forces would “keep their hands on the trigger” in readiness to respond to further aggression.

While both countries initially expressed willingness to embrace the ceasefire announced by Trump, this development may have dashed hope of amicable resolution of the 12-day conflict.

Ad

X whatsapp