Troops kill 1, Apprehend 4 In Benue, Nasarawa Bandits Camp Raid –DHQ

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer
MNJTF Commander Pledges Renewed Synergy In Fight Against Insurgency

Ad

Tinubu Nominates Mahmud Yakubu, Fani-Kayode, Omokri, Others as Ambassadors

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has forwarded a fresh list of 32 ambassadorial nominees to the Senate for screening and confirmation. The list features a mix of seasoned career diplomats and high-profile non-career appointees, including several notable political figures whose nominations have instantly generated significant public discourse. ​This second batch of nominations comes…

Why Guinea-Bissau Coup is More Painful Than 2015 Election Loss– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has described the recent military coup in Guinea-Bissau, which halted a nearly completed electoral process, as a deeper personal blow than his own 2015 presidential election defeat. ​In a statement following his evacuation from the West African nation where he was serving as an election observer, Jonathan…

Kano Govt Demands Immediate Arrest of Ex-Governor Ganduje Over Security Comments

By Abiola Olawale The Kano State Executive Council has called for the immediate investigation and arrest of the former Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, following what it describes as "inciting and reckless" public comments concerning the state's security situation. The demand, raised after a State Executive Council meeting on Thursday, accused the former governor of…

Ad

The Defence Headquarters says the troops of Operation Whirl Stroke have raided some identified bandits’ camps in parts of Benue and Nasarawa states killing one and arresting four on Sunday.

The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, disclosed this in a statement on Monday in Abuja.

Enenche said the operations were conducted by troops deployed at Guma in Benue and Keana in Nasarawa State.Nasarawa Bandits, troops

Read also: DHQ: Troops Eliminate Top Boko Haram Commanders

He said that a dawn raid on bandits’ camp at Guma forest along the Benue-Nasarawa border led to the killing of one bandit, adding that others fled the area with gunshot wounds.

According to him, troops also recovered one AK-47 rifle, one AK-47 magazine, one locally made pistol and three mobile phones from the scene while the camp was subsequently destroyed.

“Similarly, troops of Sector 1 deployed at Gagbe in Gwer West Local Government Area of Benue conducted another dawn raid on another suspected armed bandits’ hideout at Tse Agi in the general area.

Read also: NEF-Presidency Row: Fani-Kayode Reacts, Blasts Ango Abdullahi:“It Serves You Right … A General Without Troops”

“The gallant troops stormed the hideout and apprehended four suspects, while one AK 47 rifle, two AK-47 magazines and 46 rounds of 7.62 mm special ammunition were also recovered at the location.

“The hideout was subsequently destroyed while the suspects are currently being profiled after which they will be handed over to the appropriate prosecuting agency for further action.

“The Military High Command appreciates the general public for their cooperation in providing credible information which has so far facilitated the successes of the operations.

“The Armed Forces of Nigeria assures that these offensives against the common enemies of this Nation will not cease until normalcy is restored to all the troubled zones of the Country,” he said.

Ad

X whatsapp