Troops Eliminate 20 Terrorists In Borno

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

Manhunt underway for gunman who killed four, injured 10 at child’s birthday party in US

By Obinna Uballa A massive manhunt is underway in California, United States after a gunman opened fire at a child’s birthday party in Stockton, killing four people and injuring 10 others on Saturday evening. The shooting occurred around 6pm inside a banquet hall in Stockton, located in California’s Central Valley. Authorities say children are among…

SERAP drags Akpabio, Abbas to court over alleged diversion of N18.6bn National Assembly funds

By Obinna Uballa The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has filed a lawsuit against Senate President Godswill Akpabio and House of Representatives Speaker Tajudeen Abbas over their alleged failure to account for N18.6 billion earmarked for the construction of the National Assembly Service Commission (NASC) office complex. SERAP last week lodged the suit, marked…

Tinubu Nominates Mahmud Yakubu, Fani-Kayode, Omokri, Others as Ambassadors

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has forwarded a fresh list of 32 ambassadorial nominees to the Senate for screening and confirmation. The list features a mix of seasoned career diplomats and high-profile non-career appointees, including several notable political figures whose nominations have instantly generated significant public discourse. ​This second batch of nominations comes…

Ad

Troops of the Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) have eliminated more than 20 Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists in Borno, the Nigerian Army says.

Army Spokesperson, Brig.-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, in a statement on Monday, said that the terrorists were hit in their camp around Wartek in the general area of Lamboa forest on Sunday.

Nwachukwu said that the combined troops of Sector 2 in conjunction with the Air Task Force of OPHK that carried out the attack also captured heavy fighting equipment from the terrorists.

“Acting on credible intelligence, the troops with close air support from the Nigerian Air Task Force component, carried out a simultaneous land and air offensive, penetrating deep into Lamboa forest.

“The troops over ran the position of the terrorists with heavy volume of fire from both land and air, killing more than 20 insurgents.

“The troops also captured heavy fire weapons and arms, including three anti-airrcraft guns, three AK 47 Rifles and two gun trucks, aside two other gun trucks that were destroyed by the troops,” he said.

Nwachukwu said that the Chief of Army Staff, Maj.-Gen. Faruk Yahaya, ongratulated the troops for the successful conduct of the operation and enjoined them to sustain the ongoing offensive.(NAN)

Ad

X whatsapp