Three Aspirants Have Stepped Down For Osinbajo — Campaign DG

The New Diplomat
Writer
Three Aspirants Have Stepped Down For Osinbajo -- Campaign DG

Ad

U.S. Oil Output Beats Weekly Estimates in June

U.S. crude oil production hit a new record in June at 13.58 million barrels per day, according to the Energy Information Administration’s latest Petroleum Supply Monthly. That’s 133,000 barrels more than May and 2.5 percent higher than a year ago. The new monthly figures also show a sharp disconnect from the EIA’s weekly estimates. For…

Zelenskyy fumes as ex-Ukrainian parliament speaker is shot dead

By Obinna Uballa Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has condemned the killing of former parliament speaker Andriy Parubiy as a “horrendous murder,” vowing that every resource will be deployed to track down the attacker. “All necessary forces and means are engaged in the investigation and search for the killer,” Zelenskyy said in a statement on social…

Rivers Crisis: Fubara will return as governor after September 18, Wike declares

• Hails LG election as peaceful By Obinna Uballa Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has assured that Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, and the State House of Assembly will resume their constitutional duties once the emergency rule in the state expires on September 18. Wike, who spoke to journalists on Saturday…

Ad

The list of presidential aspirants in the All Progressives Congress has been trimmed to just two, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo and former Governor Bola Tinubu of Lagos State.

The Director-General of the Yemi Osinbajo Campaign Organisation, Senator Kabiru Gaya made this known stating that three aspirants had stepped down.

Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State had earlier in the day confirmed that a shortlist of five aspirants had been sent to the President Muhammadu Buhari for consideration.

The five aspirants were identified as Tinubu, Osinbajo, Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, his Ebonyi State counterpart, Dave Umahi; and the immediate past Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi.

However, Gaya, who represents Kano-South senatorial district, told Channels Television that the list has now been trimmed to two, claiming that three presidential aspirants had stepped down for the Vice-President.

However, the senator failed to identify the three aspirants, only claiming that former Senate President Ken Nnamani who stepped down on Monday did so in honour of Osinbajo.

“We have Vice-President Osinbajo and Bola Tinubu. I am aware that some aspirants have stepped down for Osinbajo. Nnamani and two others have stepped down for Osinbajo.”

Ad

X whatsapp