Shocking Details As UK Court Jails Four Nigerian Students After Fighting with Knives, Baseball Bats

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Tinubu Departs Brazil for Nigeria After State Visit

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has concluded a three-day state visit to Brazil, departing the country for Abuja on Wednesday, August 27, 2025. The New Diplomat reports that the presidential jet took off from Brasília International Airport Air Force Base, with a ceremonial send-off attended by Brazil’s Secretary for Africa and the Middle…

President’s son jailed 6 years in fraud case as power tussle soars in Equatorial Guinea

• Two brothers at war over who succeeds Nguema Mbasogo By Obinna Uballa An Equatorial Guinea court has sentenced Ruslan Obiang Nsue, son of President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, to six years in prison for illegally selling a plane belonging to the state airline, Ceiba Intercontinental, a case analysts say reflects growing rivalry within the…

Details: Why Roosevelt Ogbonna Quit Access HoldCo board

• He remains Bank MD, Says Access By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has explained that Mr. Roosevelt Ogbonna, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Plc, resigned from the Board of the HoldCo to comply with regulatory guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The company, in a statement signed…

Ad

By Abiola Olawale

Four students of Nigerian descent have received various sentences for their roles in a violent altercation that took place in Leicester during the early hours of November 4, 2021, precisely three years ago.

Reports indicate that the disturbances, which escalated dramatically, reportedly involved multiple individuals wielding knives and a baseball bat.

This development was said to have unfolded on New Park Street, culminating in a fierce struggle that left an 18-year-old adult who was said to be “critically injured with four stab wounds.”

The suspects, after a complex investigation involving CCTV analysis, phone tracking, and public appeals, were identified and charged.

Thereafter, the suspects were charged and tried by the court for six weeks, after which sentences were variously handed down on November 14.

Destiny Ojo

Destiny Ojo, 21, of Plumstead, London: seven years for violent disorder, attempted grievous bodily harm (GBH), and GBH with intent.

Habib Lawal

Habib Lawal, 21, of Bexley, London: five years for violent disorder, attempted GBH, and GBH with intent.

Ridwanulahi Raheem

Ridwanulahi Raheem, 21, of Lambeth, London: three years for violent disorder and possession of a bladed article.

Joshua Davies-Ero
Joshua Davies-Ero, 21, of Bexley, London: two years for violent disorder.

Justin Asamoah

A fifth defendant, Justin Asamoah, 22, of Merton, previously pleaded guilty to possession of a bladed article and will be sentenced on November 22.

Speaking on the severity of the incident, Detective Constable Sean Downey said: “This incident highlights the danger of violent disorder. It is extremely fortunate that further injury was not caused to the people involved or to other members of the public who witnessed the incident.

“This could have been a very different investigation.”

Ad

X whatsapp