Shettima Not Barred From Presidential Villa, Says Presidency 

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Oil Prices Aren’t Likely To Rise Anytime Soon

Analysts surveyed by Reuters expect Brent Crude to average $67.65 per barrel and WTI Crude to average $64.65 per barrel this year, with slight adjustments from previous forecasts. Factors contributing to the subdued oil price outlook include rising supply from OPEC+ and non-OPEC+ producers, slowing demand growth post-summer, and uncertainties from U.S. trade policies. Major…

US denies visas for Palestinian officials before UN assembly

The administration of United States President Donald Trump has announced it is denying and revoking visas for members of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and the Palestinian Authority (PA) before the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in September. The announcement was made in a statement released by the US Department of State on Friday. “The…

2027: Crack as Tinubu’s Northern ally, Senator Marafa Dumps APC, accuses president of betrayal, neglect

By Obinna Uballa A major crack has emerged in President Bola Tinubu’s Northern political base as a key stakeholder and former Zamfara Central Senator, Kabiru Garba Marafa, together with his supporters, have all resigned from the All Progressives Congress (APC), accusing the president of betrayal and neglect. Marafa, who reportedly coordinated the Tinubu/Shettima Campaign Organisation…

Ad

  • Presidency: Reports ‘Fabricated’ To Drive Wedge Between TInubu, Deputy

By Kolawole Ojebisi

The Presidency has denied the reports making the rounds alleging that Vice President, Shettima was not given access to the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

It stressed that the circulating reports are mere fabrications intended to drive a wedge between President Bola Tinubu and his second-in-command.

This is contained in a statement issued on Saturday by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Communications (Office of the Vice President), Stanley Nkwocha.

The statement was titled ‘Re: Mischievous Report On Access To The Presidential Villa By Vice President Kashim Shettima, GCON’.

The Presidency said the claims were “totally fabricated” and aimed at “misleading the public into believing there was a rift between President Bola Tinubu and his deputy”.

“The latest in this string of disinformation is a report claiming that the Vice President has been refused entry to the Villa.

“This is a feeble attempt to traduce the person and office of His Excellency, Vice President Kashim Shettima, GCON. For the record, nothing of the sort ever happened,” the statement read in part.

The report, which circulated via “obscure blogs,” alleged that military personnel had barricaded the entrance of the Villa to prevent the Vice President from entering.

Nkwocha dismissed the claim as “the wildest expression of wishful thinking” and accused those behind it of attempting to sow discord within the government.

The statement added, “It is understandable, though regrettable, that the mischief-makers continue to underestimate the strength of the bond and goodwill between the President and the Vice President.

“However, their questionable sources or habitual reliance on misinformation have once again led them astray. These fairy tales they publish serve no purpose beyond mischief and distraction.”

The statement also recalled a similar rumour earlier in the week regarding campaign posters bearing the image of Tinubu, which was also debunked by the Presidency.

Nkwocha assured Nigerians that Shettima remains focused on his duties and would not be distracted by “the imagination of individuals intent on creating smoke where there is no fire.”

He urged members of the public to disregard the report and encouraged journalists to verify information from credible sources, stating that no amount of falsehood would undermine the democratic mandate of the Tinubu administration.

Ad

X whatsapp