SGF, NIA DG know fate on Monday

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

Why Guinea-Bissau Coup is More Painful Than 2015 Election Loss– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has described the recent military coup in Guinea-Bissau, which halted a nearly completed electoral process, as a deeper personal blow than his own 2015 presidential election defeat. ​In a statement following his evacuation from the West African nation where he was serving as an election observer, Jonathan…

Just In: APC Disowns Goodluck Jonathan Amid 2023 Antics

Kano Govt Demands Immediate Arrest of Ex-Governor Ganduje Over Security Comments

By Abiola Olawale The Kano State Executive Council has called for the immediate investigation and arrest of the former Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, following what it describes as "inciting and reckless" public comments concerning the state's security situation. The demand, raised after a State Executive Council meeting on Thursday, accused the former governor of…

(VIDEO) Obasanjo backs foreign intervention as insecurity worsens, slams FG’s approach

By Obinna Uballa Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has called on the Federal Government to halt all negotiations with terrorists and seek international assistance to tackle Nigeria’s worsening insecurity. Obasanjo issued the warning on Friday while speaking at the Plateau State Unity Christmas Carol and Praise Festival in Jos, amid a wave of killings and mass…

Ad

The three-man panel set up by President Muhammadu Buhari to probe Babachir Lawal, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF and Ayo Oke, Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), will submit its report on Monday.

Buhari suspended Lawal and Oke last month, and directed the panel headed by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo to investigate the activities of the Presidental Initiative on North-East (PINE) under Lawal, and to also verify the claim of Oke that some monies recovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in a Lagos apartment belong to his agency like he claimed.

Abubakar Malami, attorney-general of the federation, and Babagana Monguno, National Security Adviser (NSA), are also members of the committee.

There had been reports that the panel would submit its report on Wednesday, but in a statement by Laolu Akande, spokesman of Osinbajo, the committee said its report would be submitted to the president on Monday.

“The three-man presidential investigative committee set up by President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, under the chairmanship of Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, to inquire into the discovery of foreign and local currencies by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) at Osbourne Towers, Ikoyi, Lagos and the allegations of due process violations in the award of contracts under the Presidential Initiative on the North East (PINE) is completing its assignment today and is scheduled to present its reports to the president on Monday, May 8, 2017,” Akande’s statement read.

Bolaji Akinyele, former minister of external affairs, has advised the panel not to make public the report of the probe involving NIA.

He said this was in the interest of the security of the nation.

 

Ad

X whatsapp