Scores Trapped As 7-Storey Building Collapses In Port Harcourt

'Dotun Akintomide
Writer

Ad

Way Forward: Experts, Policy Leaders Affirm Africa’s Energy Future rests on Technologies As Solewant Group ends 9th Summit

Policy makers, energy experts, the academia, diplomats, captains of industry, amongst other stakeholders in the oil and gas sector, have unanimously affirmed that for Africa’s energy development to be assured, there must be emphasis on and investment in the training, acquisition and application of emerging technologies to drive it. This was the generap consensus of…

Reno Omokri Appreciates Tinubu for ‘Christlike’ Ambassadorial Nomination

By Abiola Olawale Former presidential aide and prominent social commentator, Reno Omokri, has expressed gratitude to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu following his nomination as a non-career ambassador-designate. Omokri, known for his vocal opposition to the President before the nomination, described the gesture as "Christlike," emphasizing the theme of forgiveness and national unity. In a statement…

‘Embarrassing, Insensitive’: ADC Slams Tinubu’s Nomination of Former INEC Chair as Ambassador 

By Abiola Olawale ​The African Democratic Congress (ADC) has criticized President Bola Ahmed Tinubu's inclusion of the immediate past Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in his list of ambassadorial nominees, labeling the decision as both "embarrassing and insensitive." ​The nomination was part of a list of 32 additional ambassadorial nominees sent to…

Ad

Scores of persons have been feared trapped in a seven-storey building that collapsed Friday evening in Port Harcourt.

The building under construction is located on Woji, in the Government Reserved Area, GRA, phase II, Port Harcourt.

The seven storey building which is still under construction had collapsed around 5p.m, trapping many labourers at the site.

According to an eye witness, workers were still on site when the incident occurred.

He noted that rescue team from the Rivers State Government and the state Police Command are currently at the scene carrying out rescue operation.

He stated that over seven people had been rescued as at press time, adding that the combined team was still on search.

Meantime, the Public Relations Officer of Rivers State Police Command, DSP. Nnamdi Omoni, said the command got the report with shock.

Omoni said the command had immediately mobilised rescue team to the site, adding that efforts were on to rescue the victims.

Ad

X whatsapp