US Says It Successfully Defeated Iranian’s Missle Attack On Israel

The New Diplomat
Writer
Biden Reaffirms America’s Unwavering Commitment To NATO

Ad

Tesla sales tumble 40% in Europe as BYD surges past rival

By Obinna Uballa Tesla’s grip on the European electric vehicle market continued to loosen in July, with sales plunging 40% year-on-year even as Chinese challenger BYD posted explosive growth, according to data from the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA) on Thursday. New car registrations of Tesla vehicles totaled 8,837 in July, down 40% year-on-year, according…

Tinubu Returns to Abuja, Says Foreign Engagements ‘ll Enhance Nigeria’s Economic Growth

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu returned to Abuja on Thursday, August 28, 2025, following a state visit to Brazil and an earlier visit to Japan. Shortly after his return, Tinubu stated that his international engagements are focused on fostering economic growth, job creation, and long-term prosperity for Nigerians. In a statement shared on…

Access HoldCo Names Innocent Ike CEO as Aig-Imoukhuede tightens grip after Wigwe’s death

By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has confirmed the appointment of Mr. Innocent Ike as its substantive Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (GMD/CEO), effective August 29, 2025, following approval from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The announcement comes less than 24 hours after Roosevelt Ogbonna, the Managing Director of Access Bank, resigned…

Ad

By Abiola Olawale

The United States has disclosed that it has successfully defeated Iran’s ballistic missile assault on Israel.

The White House, in a statement issued on Tuesday by Jake Sullivan, the National Security Advisor to US President Joe Biden, declared that the missile attack on Israel was “defeated and ineffective.”

Sullivan also hailed US involvement in repelling some of the attacks.

He said: “Based on what we know at this point, this attack appears to have been defeated and ineffective.”

The New Diplomat reports that in the late hours of Tuesday, Iranian forces said it had fired a barrage of missiles into Israel’s territory.

The Iranian forces said the attack is targeted at three military bases around Israel’s commercial hub Tel Aviv.

It would be recalled that this latest attack comes after an Israeli strike on Beirut on Friday killed the leader of Hezbollah, Hassan Nasrallah.

Nasrallah was killed alongside General Abbas Nilforoushan, a top commander of the Quds Force, the IRGC’s foreign operations arm.

Following the killings, Iran had vowed that Nilforoushan’s killing would “not go unanswered”.

Also, Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian during his address at last month’s UN General Assembly in New York, accused Israel of warmongering, saying Iran was exercising restraint in the face of provocation.

It would be recalled that Tuesday’s attack was Iran’s second on Israel this year.

Iran had launched a missile and drone attack in April in retaliation for a deadly Israeli air strike on its consulate in Damascus.

However, the US claimed it intercepted nearly all of the missiles and drones fired in that attack.

Ad

X whatsapp