Pro-Buhari Groups Go Hay-Wire In Supremacy Brawl

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

2027: Jonathan's likely Presidential Bid gets PDP’s S'South Support as Rivers Kick, Split

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Nigeria opens 50 oil, gas blocks as NUPRC launches 2025 licensing round

By Obinna Uballa The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has announced that 50 oil and gas blocks across multiple basins will be placed on offer as part of the 2025 Petroleum Licensing Round, scheduled to begin on December 1. The commission said the bid round, approved by President Bola Tinubu, will be conducted in…

Ad

Factional groups of the Buhari Campaign Organisation (BCO) attacked each other on Wednesday in a bid to gain control of the Katampe headquarters of the organisation in Abuja.

Although the face off had been going on for months, it climaxed yesterday when the warring factions clashed over which one had the power to celebrate the return of President Muhammadu Buhari from medical vacation abroad.

One of the groups was led by Alhaji Danladi Pasalli, while the other by Alhaji Aminu Isa Bayero.

They had converged at the secretariat for a press conference to speak on Buhari’s return and nationwide broadcast.

The Pasalli faction which arrived earlier at the venue, took control of the office and locked out the other group led by Bayero.

Bayero and his group invited the police and officials of the Department of State Services (DSS) to retake the office for their meeting, while the Bayero group also invited the police to the venue to ensured that only members loyal to them had access into the building.

Despite the arrival of security agents, Bayero and his national secretary, Nnenna Lancaster Okoro and their supporters remained locked out.

To forestall further trouble, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of Katampe, Tino Dangana. appealed to the two groups to submit five names each to deliberate and resolve the crisis.

The crisis in the organisation dates back to February when the Acting National Coordinator, Alhaji Aminu Isa Bayero, was suspended by the Board of Trustees (BoT) Chairman, Alhaji Kabiru N’Kaura, and replaced with Alhaji Danladi Passalli.

Ad

X whatsapp