FG Not Aware of $875m Ammunition Deal With US – Minister

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer
No Preferential Treatment Between Separatists And Bandits – FG

Ad

Atiku slams N17.5trn pipeline security bill, says figure rivals Nigeria’s 12-year subsidy bill

By Obinna Uballa Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has accused President Bola Tinubu’s administration of overseeing what he described as one of the most alarming financial scandals in Nigeria’s history, following revelations that the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) spent N17.5 trillion in one year on pipeline and energy security. In a statement issued…

Way Forward: Experts, Policy Leaders Affirm Africa’s Energy Future rests on Technologies As Solewant Group ends 9th Summit

Policy makers, energy experts, the academia, diplomats, captains of industry, amongst other stakeholders in the oil and gas sector, have unanimously affirmed that for Africa’s energy development to be assured, there must be emphasis on and investment in the training, acquisition and application of emerging technologies to drive it. This was the generap consensus of…

Reno Omokri Appreciates Tinubu for ‘Christlike’ Ambassadorial Nomination

By Abiola Olawale Former presidential aide and prominent social commentator, Reno Omokri, has expressed gratitude to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu following his nomination as a non-career ambassador-designate. Omokri, known for his vocal opposition to the President before the nomination, described the gesture as "Christlike," emphasizing the theme of forgiveness and national unity. In a statement…

Ad

The Federal Government says it is not aware of any 875 million dolars ammunition deal with the US which is being purportedly blocked by some lawmakers in that country.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, described the purported ammunition deal reported in some sections of the media as ” fake news.”

Speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Abuja, the minister said there was no contract of such nature and sum between Nigeria and the US

“There is no contract of arms between the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the United States of America today apart from the 12 Super Tucano Attack Helicopters of which six had been delivered.

“We are quite satisfied with the progress and cooperation that we received from the government of the US on this issue.

“As a matter of fact, six of the Tucano helicopter will be launched on Aug. 3, this year.

“We are not aware of the so called 875million USD arms contract or some helicopters which they said some lawmakers in the US are trying to persuade the president of the US not to honour

”The relationship between Nigeria and the US is smooth and waxing stronger,’’ he said.

The reports in some sections of the media had claimed that influential U.S. lawmakers were masterminding a hold on a proposed sale of ammunition and attack helicopters to Nigeria over allegations of human rights abuses and anti-democratic actions of the present administration.

The report listed the blocked proposed sale to include 12 AH-1 Cobra attack helicopters accompanied by defence systems, 28 helicopter engines produced by GE Aviation and 14 military-grade aircraft navigation systems made by Honeywell.(NAN)

Ad

X whatsapp