NNPCL Warns: Beware Of Fake News, Port Harcourt Refinery Not Recruiting

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Tinubu Departs Brazil for Nigeria After State Visit

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has concluded a three-day state visit to Brazil, departing the country for Abuja on Wednesday, August 27, 2025. The New Diplomat reports that the presidential jet took off from Brasília International Airport Air Force Base, with a ceremonial send-off attended by Brazil’s Secretary for Africa and the Middle…

President’s son jailed 6 years in fraud case as power tussle soars in Equatorial Guinea

• Two brothers at war over who succeeds Nguema Mbasogo By Obinna Uballa An Equatorial Guinea court has sentenced Ruslan Obiang Nsue, son of President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, to six years in prison for illegally selling a plane belonging to the state airline, Ceiba Intercontinental, a case analysts say reflects growing rivalry within the…

Details: Why Roosevelt Ogbonna Quit Access HoldCo board

• He remains Bank MD, Says Access By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has explained that Mr. Roosevelt Ogbonna, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Plc, resigned from the Board of the HoldCo to comply with regulatory guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The company, in a statement signed…

Ad

By Kolawole Ojebisi

The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) has refuted report making the rounds that it is conducting another recruitment exercise for various positions at its recently revamped Port Harcourt refinery.

The company debunked the claim, warning the public against a fake recruitment link in circulation online.

In a statement on Friday, Olufemi Soneye, the company’s chief communications officer, said no separate recruitment process exists besides the one that began last year.

Soneye clarified that candidates who passed the computer-based aptitude test during the recruitment process have proceeded to the interview stage this week.

“The purported recruitment link being circulated in various online platforms is the handiwork of fraudsters who are keen on taking advantage of the newly revamped Port Harcourt Refinery to fleece unsuspecting members of the public with a phantom recruitment announcement,” Soneye said.

“We, therefore, call on members of the public to be wary of the ploy and not fall for it.”

Recall that on November 26, the Port Harcourt refinery commenced crude oil processing after several years of being moribund.

The refinery also commenced the loading of petroleum products for trucks.NNPCL said the refinery is currently operating at 70 percent of its installed capacity, adding that it intends to increase operations to 90 percent.

Ad

X whatsapp