NNPC Urges Nigerians to Expose illegal Stations

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer
new-diplomat default image
new-diplomat default image

Ad

Tesla sales tumble 40% in Europe as BYD surges past rival

By Obinna Uballa Tesla’s grip on the European electric vehicle market continued to loosen in July, with sales plunging 40% year-on-year even as Chinese challenger BYD posted explosive growth, according to data from the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA) on Thursday. New car registrations of Tesla vehicles totaled 8,837 in July, down 40% year-on-year, according…

Tinubu Returns to Abuja, Says Foreign Engagements ‘ll Enhance Nigeria’s Economic Growth

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu returned to Abuja on Thursday, August 28, 2025, following a state visit to Brazil and an earlier visit to Japan. Shortly after his return, Tinubu stated that his international engagements are focused on fostering economic growth, job creation, and long-term prosperity for Nigerians. In a statement shared on…

Access HoldCo Names Innocent Ike CEO as Aig-Imoukhuede tightens grip after Wigwe’s death

By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has confirmed the appointment of Mr. Innocent Ike as its substantive Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (GMD/CEO), effective August 29, 2025, following approval from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The announcement comes less than 24 hours after Roosevelt Ogbonna, the Managing Director of Access Bank, resigned…

Ad

The Nigerian National petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has called on Nigerians to join every effort to ensure all illegal fuel stations in the country were exposed.

Dr Maikanti Baru, Group Managing Director of NNPC made call while on continuous monitoring of fuel station on Thursday in Abuja.

He attributed the major cause of the scarcity to product diversion and hoarding by some markers.

Source report the team visited about four illegal fuel stations in Bassan and Sango villages, outskirts in Abuja and dispense petrol free to motorists in the territory.

Two of the stations could be identified as mcmanakai Global service, Enesi oil PLC, while the other two were nameless.

“NNPC has been saying that there are lots of diversions and hoarding of products, such structures are being used as places for this diversion and hoarding.

“We in our record indicate that we have several days’ sufficiency but most of these products have been diverted by marketers and have been kept into these kinds of illegal storages.

“So, they are not made available to the public and the important thing is that we have to make this places open and the product sold to the public, ” he said

Baru insisted that all illegal structures in the country must be fished out to avoid a repeat of scarcity in the country.

“We have to stop this illegal structures and diversion from taking place.

“As indicated earlier by the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps and Department of Petroleum Resources, we want to trace back who and who is supplying these products.

“On our own side as NNPC, through the War room, we are doing daily monitoring of every truck that moves and we are going to give sanctions to erring marketers that are found diverted products or the trucks have not shown to turn in places they have been loaded to.

“This we are going to effect immediately,” he said

The GMD further noted that through the War room it had identified some diversion adding that appropriate measure had been taken on it. He noted that If the diversions were abated, the queues would disappears. This, he said would also help trucks to take products to correct locations.

He reassured the public that NNPC would continue to work hard to ensure normalcy in the sector.

 

(NAN)

Ad

X whatsapp