NLC And TUC Leaders: We Accepted The Approved N70,000 Minimum Wage Because…

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Obi Slams ECOWAS Over Guinea-Bissau: Calls Out ‘Double Standard’ 

By Abiola Olawale Former Labour Party Presidential candidate Peter Obi has criticized the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), accusing the regional body of applying a glaring "double standard" in its response to the recent political turmoil in Guinea-Bissau. ​In a strong statement released on his X handle on Sunday, titled "Reflecting on the…

Presidency Slams Obasanjo, Says Terrorism Began During His Administration 

By Abiola Olawale The Presidency has criticised former President Olusegun Obasanjo, directly challenging his recent critiques on the nation's security crisis. In a statement issued on Sunday, the Presidency asserted that the foundation of terrorism and extremist violence in Nigeria was laid during Obasanjo's tenure, dismissing the narrative that the current administration inherited a peaceful,…

Atiku slams N17.5trn pipeline security bill, says figure rivals Nigeria’s 12-year subsidy bill

By Obinna Uballa Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has accused President Bola Tinubu’s administration of overseeing what he described as one of the most alarming financial scandals in Nigeria’s history, following revelations that the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) spent N17.5 trillion in one year on pipeline and energy security. In a statement issued…

Ad

By Afolabi Samuel Odunayo

Leaders of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress (TUC) have revealed reasons why they accepted the N70,000 minimum wage approved for Nigerian workers by President Bola Tinubu.

Earlier on Thursday, in a statement released by Bayo Onanuga, Special Adviser to President Tinubu on Information and Strategy, the president had pledged to support the private sector and sub-national entities in meeting the approved minimum wage requirement.

Following the meeting, NLC President Comrade Joe Ajaero briefed the media, confirming the unions’ acceptance of the offer.

TUC President Comrade Festus Usifo and other labour representatives supported the decision, noting that the offer included additional incentives.

Also, Ajaero highlighted that the unions were swayed by the President’s commitment to reviewing the minimum wage every three years, rather than the previous longer intervals.

Ad

X whatsapp