Nigerian Troops Arrest Boko Haram Fuel Suppliers

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

2027: Jonathan's likely Presidential Bid gets PDP’s S'South Support as Rivers Kick, Split

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Nigeria opens 50 oil, gas blocks as NUPRC launches 2025 licensing round

By Obinna Uballa The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has announced that 50 oil and gas blocks across multiple basins will be placed on offer as part of the 2025 Petroleum Licensing Round, scheduled to begin on December 1. The commission said the bid round, approved by President Bola Tinubu, will be conducted in…

Ad

The Quick Reaction Force (QRF) of 251 Battalion,  7 Div Gar on routine checks at Molai check point, outskirts of Maiduguri arrested a truck loaded with 25 jerry cans of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) and other goods for Boko Hara terrorists

Confirming the report Acting Director Army Public Relations Col Sani Kukasheka Usman said the driver of the vehicle, Muhammadu Adamu, claimed ignorance of the contents of the vehicle and called the owner of the goods, Tijjani Gambo to explain. Usman said Gambo also denied supplying terrorists fuel and other items and claimed to be a trader that supplies goods to customers in Damboa based on demand.

The Army spokesman said preliminary investigation revealed that the suspects has been sending PMS and other goods through the same route at regular intervals without  an identifiable corresponding recipient in Damboa as alleged. “Although investigations are still ongoing, it is suspected that it could be the means through which he had been supplying the terrorists with dire logistics  in Sambisa forest. This is more so that there is a ban on the purchase and transportation of petrol in containers such as that within the theatre” Usman said.

He added that both suspects and the exhibits have been handed over to Joint Interrogation Centre for further investigations.

Meanwhile Civilian JTF has found a dead body dropped by an unknown persons at Ruwan Zafi MM Ali Filling station opposite NNPC Mega Station, along the Mafa-Dikwa road.

The Army spokesman said the deceased was identified  as  Abba Aminu aged between 35-40, married with 4 children. He said the deceased was stabbed with a knife on his chest by his assailants.

Usman said the matter was reported to Jere police Station for further investigation, while the body has been evacuated to University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital mortuary.

Ad

X whatsapp