NAPTIP Declares Speed Darlington Wanted for Rape, Cyberbullying Allegations

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

2027: Jonathan's likely Presidential Bid gets PDP’s S'South Support as Rivers Kick, Split

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Nigeria opens 50 oil, gas blocks as NUPRC launches 2025 licensing round

By Obinna Uballa The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has announced that 50 oil and gas blocks across multiple basins will be placed on offer as part of the 2025 Petroleum Licensing Round, scheduled to begin on December 1. The commission said the bid round, approved by President Bola Tinubu, will be conducted in…

Ad

By Abiola Olawale

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) has declared Nigerian entertainer Darlington Okoye, popularly known as Speed Darlington, wanted.

This comes as the controversial entertainer is facing serious allegations of rape, cyberbullying, and cyberstalking.

The agency announced this via its official Instagram handle @officialnaptip on Friday.

“WANTED BY NAPTIP. Darlington Okoye, aka Speed Darlington, is wanted in connection with alleged offences including rape, cyberbullying, and cyberstalking.

“Anyone with credible information on his whereabouts is urged to contact NAPTIP immediately. Call: 07030000203, [email protected],” the statement read.

NAPTIP had earlier invited the musician for questioning following his claim of having sex with a 15-year-old girl during a live Instagram video, but he failed to honour the agency’s invitation.

In a letter signed by the agency’s Head of Cybercrime Response Team, Ngamaraju Mangzha, in May, NAPTIP asked the singer to appear at its Abuja head office at 09:00 a.m. on May 30, 2025, but the singer failed to show up at the agency’s Wuse Zone 5 office.

Recall that the singer sparked outrage on Children’s Day after a livestream where he claimed he had once slept with a 15-year-old virgin.

The clip quickly went viral, triggering widespread outrage from viewers and women’s-rights groups who accused him of confessing to statutory rape.

Ad

X whatsapp