Mikel’s Agent Lifts Lid on Chelsea Future

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer
new-diplomat default image
new-diplomat default image

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

2027: Jonathan's likely Presidential Bid gets PDP’s S'South Support as Rivers Kick, Split

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Nigeria opens 50 oil, gas blocks as NUPRC launches 2025 licensing round

By Obinna Uballa The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has announced that 50 oil and gas blocks across multiple basins will be placed on offer as part of the 2025 Petroleum Licensing Round, scheduled to begin on December 1. The commission said the bid round, approved by President Bola Tinubu, will be conducted in…

Ad

The agent of Mikel John Obi has finally spoken about the situation of the Nigeria international midfielder at Chelsea.

Mikel who has yet to play competitively for Chelsea this season, has reportedly attracted interest from a slew of clubs including Manchester United, Besiktas and most recently, Valencia.

The midfielder’s agent, John Ola Shittu, revealed that Mikel has had conversations with the Chelsea manager about his future.

“Obi Mikel and Antonio (Conte) have been speaking.

“The manager, club and player have been talking. So I am not in a position to tell about what they have been speaking about, in the next few weeks things should be clearer.

“We have been having meeting with a few parties who are interested in him, once we are able to agree the way forward with Chelsea, then we will take it from there,” Shittu said.

Reports had claimed last week that former Chelsea manager, Andre Villas-Boas was keen to bring the Nigerian to his new Chinese Super League club, Shanghai SIPG.

Shittu confirmed that contact had been made over his client as regards a possible move away from Europe.

“There are a few clubs in Europe and Asia, they are numerous and are interested in him because he is a quality player, aged only 29, and we just have to speak, so we will see. A lot of interest is there.

“There is no decision made yet and it is still 50/50 whether he will sign or leave. A lot can happen in the next months, never say never in football.

“I am very busy because he is one of my players who we need to decide on what happens in the next window.

“Is there going to be a January opportunity? Our number one priority is to make the best decision on his future and that’s what we are trying to do.

“His (Mikel’s) future is very bright, so we are having meetings, here and there, and we have to work towards the January window.

“We have meetings with different clubs and we are very clear about the situation.

“We are just waiting for the window to open and we will go the best way forward for Obi Mikel,” he concluded.

Mikel, who has won 11 titles with Chelsea, last played competitively for the Blues six months ago.

Ad

X whatsapp