Matawalle: Zamfara Police Return Seized Vehicles After Court’s Order

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Jonathan eyes 2027 options as brother knocks reports of ex-President Stepping down

By Obinna Uballa Goodluck Jonathan's cousin, Azibaola Robert, has denied reports suggesting that the former president has withdrawn from the 2027 presidential race, insisting he has not ruled himself out as consultations continue across the country. The rebuttal followed a publication claiming Jonathan had opted out to protect Southern unity. The report, titled “Jonathan Rejects…

2023: Jonathan Missing As APC Lists Presidential Aspirants 

GTCO pumps N365.9bn into Bank to meet CBN capital base as Anxieties heighten in Financial Sector

By Obinna Uballa Guaranty Trust Holding Company Plc (GTCO) has injected N365.9 billion into its banking arm, Guaranty Trust Bank Limited (GTBank), to meet the Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) revised minimum capital requirement for lenders with international licences. In a filing with the Nigerian Exchange Limited and the London Stock Exchange on Friday, GTCO…

Ad

By Agency Report

The Zamfara Police Command said on Saturday it had returned all vehicles it seized from former governor of the state, Bello Matawalle.

The command’s Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Yazid Abubakar, confirmed the development on Saturday via telephone conversation.

Abubakar said the vehicles were returned in compliance with the order of the Federal High Court sitting in Gusau.

The court, presided over by Justice Aminu Bappah-Aliyu had on June 15, ordered all security agencies that removed the vehicles from Matawalle’s houses in Gusau and Maradun to return them within 48 hours.

Security operatives removed the vehicles from the two houses on the order of the state government.

The court gave all parties involved in the invasion of the former governor’s houses 48 hours to comply with the order.

“Yes, the police command has complied with the court order as regards to returning of all vehicles belonging to the former governor, Bello Matawalle.

“We have returned all the vehicles to the premises of Federal High Court, Gusau, as I speak to you now, no single vehicle is in police custody,” Abubakar said.

The court also gave an order of interim injunction restraining the respondents in the suit filed by Matawalle from taking any further action in connection with the matter.

The respondents include the Inspector-General of Police, the Nigeria Police Force and the Commissioner of Police, Zamfara.

Others are the Department of State Services and Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps.

The court further ordered the security agencies to stay away from all actions, pending the hearing and determination of the matter before it.

Mr Suleiman Idris, spokesperson to Gov. Dauda Lawal of Zamfara, had earlier said more than 40 vehicles were recovered from the two houses of the former governor.

He also confirmed that the security agencies took action on the directive of the state government.

NAN

Ad

X whatsapp