My Marital Issue Nobody’s Business — Paul Okoye Reacts To Divorce Report

Oyinlola Awonuga
Writer

Ad

Why Guinea-Bissau Coup is More Painful Than 2015 Election Loss– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has described the recent military coup in Guinea-Bissau, which halted a nearly completed electoral process, as a deeper personal blow than his own 2015 presidential election defeat. ​In a statement following his evacuation from the West African nation where he was serving as an election observer, Jonathan…

Just In: APC Disowns Goodluck Jonathan Amid 2023 Antics

Kano Govt Demands Immediate Arrest of Ex-Governor Ganduje Over Security Comments

By Abiola Olawale The Kano State Executive Council has called for the immediate investigation and arrest of the former Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, following what it describes as "inciting and reckless" public comments concerning the state's security situation. The demand, raised after a State Executive Council meeting on Thursday, accused the former governor of…

(VIDEO) Obasanjo backs foreign intervention as insecurity worsens, slams FG’s approach

By Obinna Uballa Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has called on the Federal Government to halt all negotiations with terrorists and seek international assistance to tackle Nigeria’s worsening insecurity. Obasanjo issued the warning on Friday while speaking at the Plateau State Unity Christmas Carol and Praise Festival in Jos, amid a wave of killings and mass…

Ad

Nigerian singer, Paul Okoye, better known as Rude Boy, has spoken after reports that his wife, Anita Okoye is in the process of divorcing him after 7 years of marriage.

Recall that a leaked petition that Anita Okoye, wife of the music star, filed a divorce lawsuit against him was reported online days ago.

The petition cited irreconcilable differences as the basis for the marriage breakup.

Although the news of their pending divorce came as a massive shock to many Nigerians, there had been indications that the couple had very serious domestic issues.

However, Paul, one-half of the defunct PSquare music duo, during an Instagram live video with OAP Do2tun yesterday, August 28 addressed his family issues.

He said people should learn to respect the decision of others when it comes to issues that affect them directly.

In his words: “the public should also allow the “Okoye family enjoy the peace” they’re currently witnessing.”

“Let the Okoye family just have the peace that I think they are having now.

“I hate waking up anytime and just see people saying things. Whatever happened is just a thing of choice and one thing you need to do is to try and respect people that wake up one day and say they don’t want to do anymore.

“Like I always tell people, it is a family problem and I think it’s nobody’s business to know,” he said.

When asked if he misses his twin brother since the split, the ‘Audio Money’ singer said he has moved on from the incident and urged the public to also do the same.

Ad

X whatsapp