Manhunt underway for gunman who killed four, injured 10 at child’s birthday party in US

Abiola Olawale
Writer

Ad

(VIDEO) Bandits abduct pastor, worshippers in Kogi church attack, govt deploys helicopter, anti-kidnapping squad

By Obinna Uballa The Kogi State Government has launched a coordinated aerial and ground operation after armed bandits attacked a Cherubim and Seraphim church in Ejiba, Yagba West Local Government Area, on Sunday morning, November 30, 2025. Video footage posted by Egbe Emekun Parrot on Facebook and credited to Olusegun Iselaiye shows a state-deployed helicopter…

SERAP drags Akpabio, Abbas to court over alleged diversion of N18.6bn National Assembly funds

By Obinna Uballa The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has filed a lawsuit against Senate President Godswill Akpabio and House of Representatives Speaker Tajudeen Abbas over their alleged failure to account for N18.6 billion earmarked for the construction of the National Assembly Service Commission (NASC) office complex. SERAP last week lodged the suit, marked…

Tinubu Nominates Mahmud Yakubu, Fani-Kayode, Omokri, Others as Ambassadors

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has forwarded a fresh list of 32 ambassadorial nominees to the Senate for screening and confirmation. The list features a mix of seasoned career diplomats and high-profile non-career appointees, including several notable political figures whose nominations have instantly generated significant public discourse. ​This second batch of nominations comes…

Ad

By Obinna Uballa

A massive manhunt is underway in California, United States after a gunman opened fire at a child’s birthday party in Stockton, killing four people and injuring 10 others on Saturday evening.

The shooting occurred around 6pm inside a banquet hall in Stockton, located in California’s Central Valley. Authorities say children are among the victims.

Heather Brent, spokesperson for the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office, confirmed that the attacker fled the scene before officers arrived and remains at large. She said preliminary findings suggest the attack “may have been a targeted incident.”

Jason Lee, vice mayor of Stockton, condemned the violence, describing it as devastating for a community gathering meant for joy.

“A birthday party should never be a place where families fear for their lives,” he said. “Seeing our own children, parents and neighbours go through this shakes me deeply.”

Law enforcement agencies are appealing for public assistance as they pursue the suspect. San Joaquin County District Attorney, Ron Freitas, urged anyone with relevant information to come forward.

“If you have any information as to this individual, reach out immediately. If you are this individual, turn yourself in,” Freitas said.

Stockton Mayor Christina Fugazi said the city is focused on supporting victims while security efforts intensify to locate the shooter.

“As mayor, I am ensuring every necessary resource is available,” she stated. “Our focus must remain on the victims, their families, and the safety of the community.”

She added that families “should be together instead of at the hospital, praying their loved one survives.”

Authorities have yet to determine a motive for the attack. The search for the suspect continues.

Ad

X whatsapp