Lagos Asks SSS 3, TEC 3 Students To Resume Monday

'Dotun Akintomide
Writer
2023: Tinubu Most Qualified Candidate For President – Sanwo-Olu

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

2027: Jonathan's likely Presidential Bid gets PDP’s S'South Support as Rivers Kick, Split

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Nigeria opens 50 oil, gas blocks as NUPRC launches 2025 licensing round

By Obinna Uballa The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has announced that 50 oil and gas blocks across multiple basins will be placed on offer as part of the 2025 Petroleum Licensing Round, scheduled to begin on December 1. The commission said the bid round, approved by President Bola Tinubu, will be conducted in…

Ad

Senior Secondary School students in their final year and Technical Studies (TEC 3) students in both day and boarding schools in Lagos are to resume on Monday, 3 August, 2020.

The Lagos State Government gave the directive on Wednesday, in line with the Federal Government’s pronouncement, directing students in exit classes across the country to resume on Tuesday, 4 August, 2020 for revision classes ahead of their forthcoming examinations.

Lagos Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo disclosed in a statement.

She said “this is to allow for revision classes and adequate preparation ahead of their forthcoming West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).”

Adefisayo stated that this directive became imperative due to the newly announced date by West African Examination Council (WAEC) for the 2020 WASSCE which is scheduled to commence on the 17 August, 2020.

“Only SSS 3 and Technical Study Three (TEC 3) students are permitted to resume at day and boarding Schools on the 3rd of August, for revision classes and examinations,” she noted.

She, therefore, enjoined all schools in the State to follow the required public health guidelines and protocols for re-opening of schools for this category of students.

Adefisayo stressed that while students in SS 3 and TEC 3 would have the privilege of sitting for their examinations, the state government was considering the option of using first and second term exams performance or continuous assessment to promote students in other exit classes.

The Commissioner revealed that various meetings had been held with the stakeholders in the education, health and safety sectors in a bid to ensure that adequate precautionary measures were put in place to ensure the safety of the students before resumption.

“The Office of Education Quality Assurance will be going round all the schools across the State to monitor the level of safety and protocol compliance expected to be put in place by both private and public schools,” she said.

Ad

X whatsapp