Kankara: Mild Drama As Dabiri-Erewa Disclaims Tweet Announcing Release Of 333 Schoolboys

'Dotun Akintomide
Writer

Ad

Oil Prices Aren’t Likely To Rise Anytime Soon

Analysts surveyed by Reuters expect Brent Crude to average $67.65 per barrel and WTI Crude to average $64.65 per barrel this year, with slight adjustments from previous forecasts. Factors contributing to the subdued oil price outlook include rising supply from OPEC+ and non-OPEC+ producers, slowing demand growth post-summer, and uncertainties from U.S. trade policies. Major…

US denies visas for Palestinian officials before UN assembly

The administration of United States President Donald Trump has announced it is denying and revoking visas for members of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and the Palestinian Authority (PA) before the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in September. The announcement was made in a statement released by the US Department of State on Friday. “The…

2027: Crack as Tinubu’s Northern ally, Senator Marafa Dumps APC, accuses president of betrayal, neglect

By Obinna Uballa A major crack has emerged in President Bola Tinubu’s Northern political base as a key stakeholder and former Zamfara Central Senator, Kabiru Garba Marafa, together with his supporters, have all resigned from the All Progressives Congress (APC), accusing the president of betrayal and neglect. Marafa, who reportedly coordinated the Tinubu/Shettima Campaign Organisation…

Ad

The Chairman of Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM), Mrs Abike Dabiri-Arewa has debunked tweeting the release of 333 Schoolboys that were abducted from Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina state.

Dabiri-Erewa said she briefly lost control of her twitter account from where the viral tweet emanated from, Thursday afternoon.

The now deleted tweet read: “Yaay, the 333 boys captured in katsina have been rescued. Alhamdulillah!

“Buhari administration has brought back our boys. BringBackOurBoys. Our boys are back.”

Minutes later, Dabiri tweeted to disclaim the tweet, noting her twitter and Instagram handles were hacked:

https://twitter.com/abikedabiri/status/1339581170766385152?s=19

This comes as Boko Haram had earlier released a video on Thursday showing the abducted Kankara schoolboys.

The number of missing students remains unclear, though military spokesman General John Enenche and the Katsina state Governor had said the 333 students were unaccounted for after heavily armed gunmen raided the all-boys Government Science Secondary School, Kankara.

The armed bandits terrorising the northwest had initially claimed responsibility for the attack, however, Boko Haram has now claimed it carted away the boys in its new video.

Ad

X whatsapp