Isheri Kidnap: Ambode orders Prompt Arrest of Culprits

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer
new-diplomat default image
new-diplomat default image

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

2027: Jonathan's likely Presidential Bid gets PDP’s S'South Support as Rivers Kick, Split

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Nigeria opens 50 oil, gas blocks as NUPRC launches 2025 licensing round

By Obinna Uballa The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has announced that 50 oil and gas blocks across multiple basins will be placed on offer as part of the 2025 Petroleum Licensing Round, scheduled to begin on December 1. The commission said the bid round, approved by President Bola Tinubu, will be conducted in…

Ad

…Commiserates with families of killed security guards

Lagos State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode on Thursday directed the State Police Command to ensure prompt arrest of kidnappers who struck on Wednesday evening in Isheri area of the State killing three security guards.

The kidnappers were said to have also abducted the Secretary of the Isheri North Residents Association, Mr. Dayo Adekoya.
A statement issued by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Steve Ayorinde, said Governor Ambode has already directed the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni to move decisively and promptly to arrest the kidnappers.

Governor Ambode, according to the statement, specifically commiserated with the families of the security guards that lost their lives to the unfortunate incident, and assured that government is on top of the situation and working with security agencies to ensure early release of the victim.

Ayorinde said: “A while ago, the CP of Lagos Command of the Nigerian Police, confirmed that police has commenced investigation as well as put in place necessary rescue operation to ensure the release of the victim.

“While the State Government commiserates with the families of the three dead estate security guards, it will leave no stone unturned to ensure that lives and property of residents in the State are protected.”

It would be recalled that just last week, Governor Ambode had demonstrated his seriousness and determination to eradicate the menace of kidnapping when he signed into law the anti-kidnapping bill recently passed by the State House of Assembly.

The law imposes a penalty of life imprisonment on kidnapping for ransom and death penalty in the event of death of a kidnapped victim.

Ad

X whatsapp