US, Iran In Battle Of Words Over Trump’s Shooting Incident

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Tesla sales tumble 40% in Europe as BYD surges past rival

By Obinna Uballa Tesla’s grip on the European electric vehicle market continued to loosen in July, with sales plunging 40% year-on-year even as Chinese challenger BYD posted explosive growth, according to data from the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA) on Thursday. New car registrations of Tesla vehicles totaled 8,837 in July, down 40% year-on-year, according…

Tinubu Returns to Abuja, Says Foreign Engagements ‘ll Enhance Nigeria’s Economic Growth

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu returned to Abuja on Thursday, August 28, 2025, following a state visit to Brazil and an earlier visit to Japan. Shortly after his return, Tinubu stated that his international engagements are focused on fostering economic growth, job creation, and long-term prosperity for Nigerians. In a statement shared on…

Access HoldCo Names Innocent Ike CEO as Aig-Imoukhuede tightens grip after Wigwe’s death

By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has confirmed the appointment of Mr. Innocent Ike as its substantive Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (GMD/CEO), effective August 29, 2025, following approval from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The announcement comes less than 24 hours after Roosevelt Ogbonna, the Managing Director of Access Bank, resigned…

Ad

  • US Says Iran Responsible For Trump Campaign Hack
  • Iran To US: “You Lied, We Have No Business With You”

By Abiola Olawale

The government of the United States of America (USA) and the government of Iran are locked in a fierce battle of words over an incident that occurred on July 13, when a gunman took several shots at former US President and Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump.

The issue started when the US security agencies accused Iran of being allegedly involved in the shooting incident involving Trump.

A statement from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) accused some powerful individuals from Iran of being interested in the 2024 election of the US.

The statement reads in part: “We have observed increasingly aggressive Iranian activity during this election cycle, specifically involving influence operations targeting the American public and cyber operations targeting presidential campaigns.

“This includes the recently reported activities to compromise former President Trump’s campaign, which the (intelligence community) attributes to Iran,” they said.

However, in a swift response, Iran’s mission to the United Nations denied its country’s role in the hack and challenged the security agencies to release evidence for the claim.

The statement reads in part: “Such allegations are unsubstantiated and devoid of any standing.

“As we have previously announced, the Islamic Republic of Iran harbours neither the intention nor the motive to interfere with the US presidential election.

“Should the US government genuinely believe in the validity of its claims, it should furnish us with the pertinent evidence — if any — to which we will respond accordingly.”

The New Diplomat reports Trump has been reported to be a target of an assassination attempt at a Pennsylvania rally.

The shooting left one person dead and three others wounded – including the former president.

Following the incident, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), revealed that an individual identified as Thomas Matthew Crooks was allegedly responsible for the shooting that occurred in Pennsylvania.

Ad

X whatsapp