I Didn’t Harbor Abducted Bayelsa Girl, Ese, In My Palace – Emir Sanusi

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

Oil Prices Aren’t Likely To Rise Anytime Soon

Analysts surveyed by Reuters expect Brent Crude to average $67.65 per barrel and WTI Crude to average $64.65 per barrel this year, with slight adjustments from previous forecasts. Factors contributing to the subdued oil price outlook include rising supply from OPEC+ and non-OPEC+ producers, slowing demand growth post-summer, and uncertainties from U.S. trade policies. Major…

US denies visas for Palestinian officials before UN assembly

The administration of United States President Donald Trump has announced it is denying and revoking visas for members of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and the Palestinian Authority (PA) before the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in September. The announcement was made in a statement released by the US Department of State on Friday. “The…

2027: Crack as Tinubu’s Northern ally, Senator Marafa Dumps APC, accuses president of betrayal, neglect

By Obinna Uballa A major crack has emerged in President Bola Tinubu’s Northern political base as a key stakeholder and former Zamfara Central Senator, Kabiru Garba Marafa, together with his supporters, have all resigned from the All Progressives Congress (APC), accusing the president of betrayal and neglect. Marafa, who reportedly coordinated the Tinubu/Shettima Campaign Organisation…

Ad

The Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammad Sunusi II on Monday debunked claims that he used his palace to provide shelter for the 14-year-old Ese Oruru who was allegedly kidnapped in Bayelsa State by one Yunusa and forced into marriage in Kano since last year.

The Emir while speaking at a press conference in his palace, said he got to know that the girl was still in Kano when reporters from the BBC called him about the issue while he was in South Africa and expressed surprise over online news reports that he ordered for the girl to be kept in captivity in his palace.

Sanusi said, “To my utter surprise since from the time we ordered that the girl be taken to her parents in Bayelsa through AIG Zone 1 office, we didn’t hear anything about her. Just for us to now start hearing all kinds of stories that we are keeping her in our custody. This is injustice of the highest order.

“I am therefore giving an order that an investigation should immediately commence with the AIG office and know what was the position of things since that time we ordered for her repatriation to her parents.”

“Since August last year, the District Head of Kura came to the palace with a young girl of about 15 years, alongside with somebody from the area whom we were told was married to him after she was converted to Islam.

“I ordered for her immediate repatriation to her parents who were said to be in Bayelsa State. I ordered the Kano State Shariah Commission to liaise with the Assistant Inspector General (AIG) Zone 1 to assist in taking her back to her parents in Bayelsa, through the AIG who oversees Bayelsa axis, for her safety.”

Explaining that he asked for police intervention because the girl was said to have expressed fear that her parents could harm her upon her return, the monarch said, “In Islam, she has no right to just go ahead and decide things for herself. She is still young. She is not matured enough. And nowhere in Islam where such young girls can just make up their mind and give their hands in marriage just like that. It is not permitted in Islam. That is why we said she must be taken back to her parents.”

Ad

X whatsapp