House Invasion: Igboho Demands N500M, Public Apology From FG

'Dotun Akintomide
Writer
Breaking! [PHOTOS] Igboho’s House Attacked 3 Days To Lago

Ad

Details: Why Roosevelt Ogbonna Quit Access HoldCo board

• He remains Bank MD, Says Access By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has explained that Mr. Roosevelt Ogbonna, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Plc, resigned from the Board of the HoldCo to comply with regulatory guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The company, in a statement signed…

U.S. Crude Stocks Fall Another 2.4 Million Barrels

Crude oil inventories in the United States decreased by 2.4 million barrels during the week ending August 22, after falling 6 million barrels in the week prior, according to new data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) released on Wednesday. The build brings commercial stockpiles to 418.3 million barrels according to government data, which…

NASA Chief, Experts Hail SpaceX as its Starship nails key test flight after fiery failures

By Obinna Uballa SpaceX's major win on Tuesday as its big Starship rocket successfully completed a critical test flight, marking a turnaround after a string of explosive setbacks earlier in the year, has elicited reactions, reports said. Experts have reportedly hailed the move as groundbreaking. The more-than-400-foot rocket, central to SpaceX’s commercial ambitions and NASA’s…

Ad

Chief Yomi Alliyu (SAN), lawyer to Yoruba Nation activist, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Igboho has written to the Federal Government of Nigeria, demanding for a sum of N500million as reparation for the damages incurred in his residence.

Recall the Department of States Services (DSS) had on Thursday invaded the residence of the activist.

According to the DSS spokesman, Mr Peter Afunanya, who addressed a press conference on Thursday, the invasion was based on an intelligence report that Igboho was stockpiling arms to cause chaos within the southwest region.

Arms, ammunition, charms among other items, were recovered from the house, while 13 person were arrested by the DSS operatives.

However, in a letter titled, “Illegal gang grossly unconstitutional invasion of Sunday Igboho’s residence”, the senior lawyer demanded that the Federal Government pay a sum of 500m for the reparation of the several damages and the loss of lives during the attack, as well as tender public apology.

He added, “We hereby demand that the Federal Government orders an investigation into the actions of the various security operatives led by DSS that raided Chief Sunday Adeyemo’s house with a view to sanctioning them and release all the innocent people arrested and compensate the families of those murdered. Our client should also be paid N500m as reparation for damage to his exotic cars that include Mercedes Benz G-Class and 2019 Lexus Car. We also demand a public apology.

“No demand to enter was made but rather they shot their way into the house, allegedly killing seven people, though DSS spokesman admitted killing two people which involved an old Imam that used to lead Muslim occupants in prayers and observing Tahjud at the time of the barbaric raid. A lady among the invaders was allegedly shouting, “If you get him, gun him down.”

Ad

X whatsapp