Gov Bello Advises Atiku, Obi To Save Their Resources Going For Appeal

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Mapped: U.S. Tariff Rates by Country

Key Takeaways The Trump administration increased tariffs, citing trade deficits and national security concerns. Brazil and India received the highest tariff rate of 50%. Under the second Trump administration, new tariff levels have been applied to over 80 countries, with rates ranging from 10% to 50%. The U.S. President argues that persistent trade deficits and…

Thai Court Dismisses PM Over Compromising Phone Call with Cambodian Leader

Thailand’s Constitutional Court on Friday dismissed Paetongtarn Shinawatra from her position as prime minister, ruling that as the country’s leader she violated constitutional rules on ethics in a phone call with Cambodia’s Senate President Hun Sen. The ruling means she immediately loses her job, which she had held for about a year. Paetongtarn was suspended…

Oil Prices Dip but Stay on Track to Extend Last Week’s Gains

Crude oil prices were set for another weekly rise after additional 25% tariffs on Indian exports to the United States kicked in on Wednesday, raising doubts about the supply of Russian crude. At the time of writing, Brent crude was trading at $68.17 per barrel, with West Texas Intermediate at $64.20 per barrel, both slightly down from Thursday’s close…

Ad

By Ken Afor

Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, has advised Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Peter Obi of the Labour Party (LP) who lost out of the February 25 presidential election to save their resources heading to the Supreme Court to appeal Wednesday’s judgment delivered by the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT).

This comes after Atiku and Obi in their reactions to the PEPT judgement said they would proceed to the highest court to get justice.

The two candidates contested with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and lost the election, they headed to the court to challenge the result declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

But Bello while addressing journalists at the State House in Lokoja on Thursday said there is no ground for the two candidates to appeal the judgment because it was flawless.

“As far as I’m concerned, I don’t think there’s any ground for appeal,” the governor said.

“I would rather appeal to them that they should drop any appeal going to the higher court and then save the resources, save the trouble, advise their supporters, admonish them that we should accept yesterday’s judgement. No flaw.”

He urged aggrieved members of the opposition parties to sheathe their swords and support president Tinubu in fixing the country.

“I think it is time to settle down and face governance. And I would advise all those that feel aggrieved that we have only one country, Nigeria; we must all come together and support President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and ensure that we fix this country.

“Whatever the hardship we are facing today is the effect of the past. Definitely, we have Mr Fix-It who is here already trying his best, travelling across the world to ensure that Nigeria is fixed,” he said.

Ad

X whatsapp