FIFA threatens to ban Nigeria

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

Details: Why Roosevelt Ogbonna Quit Access HoldCo board

• He remains Bank MD, Says Access By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has explained that Mr. Roosevelt Ogbonna, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Plc, resigned from the Board of the HoldCo to comply with regulatory guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The company, in a statement signed…

U.S. Crude Stocks Fall Another 2.4 Million Barrels

Crude oil inventories in the United States decreased by 2.4 million barrels during the week ending August 22, after falling 6 million barrels in the week prior, according to new data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) released on Wednesday. The build brings commercial stockpiles to 418.3 million barrels according to government data, which…

NASA Chief, Experts Hail SpaceX as its Starship nails key test flight after fiery failures

By Obinna Uballa SpaceX's major win on Tuesday as its big Starship rocket successfully completed a critical test flight, marking a turnaround after a string of explosive setbacks earlier in the year, has elicited reactions, reports said. Experts have reportedly hailed the move as groundbreaking. The more-than-400-foot rocket, central to SpaceX’s commercial ambitions and NASA’s…

Ad

The Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA) has warned the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) of an impending “suspension” should Amaju Pinnick be removed as president.

In a letter to Pinnick dated April 11, 2016, FIFA warned that last week’s decision of the federal high court in Jos, if implemented, would likely be considered a5 an interference in the internal affairs of the NFF.

“…the case would be brought to the highest authorities of FIFA for consideration of sanctions, including the suspension of the NFF,” it said.

Signed by TI. (l Markus Kattner, acting secretary-general, the letter also noted: “Lastly, we would like to Stress that the plaintiff in question already filed an appeal in relation to the same matter with the highest judicial Sport authorities, the Court that said appeal was dismissed by the CAS on 18 May 2015″.

Ad

X whatsapp