Falz, Mr Macaroni Lead EndSARS Procession At Lekki Tollgate

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

Nsukka Catholic Diocese Grieves Loss of Bishop Emeritus Francis Okobo at 89

By Abiola Olawale The Catholic community in Nsukka, Enugu State has been engulfed by tears following the passing of Most Rev. Dr. Francis Emmanuel Ogbonna Okobo, Bishop Emeritus of the Nsukka Catholic Diocese. It was gathered that Okobo passed away on Friday, August 29, 2025, at the age of 89. The revered cleric, who served…

Anticipation as Tottenham Accelerates Transfer Chase for Atalanta’s Ademola Lookman

By Abiola Olawale English football club, Tottenham Hotspur is reportedly intensifying negotiations to sign Atalanta’s star forward Ademola Lookman as the summer transfer window approaches its September 1 deadline. It was gathered that Lookman, a 27-year-old Nigerian international, has reportedly caught the eye of Tottenham. Lookman is also reportedly eager to return to the Premier…

Oil Prices Aren’t Likely To Rise Anytime Soon

Analysts surveyed by Reuters expect Brent Crude to average $67.65 per barrel and WTI Crude to average $64.65 per barrel this year, with slight adjustments from previous forecasts. Factors contributing to the subdued oil price outlook include rising supply from OPEC+ and non-OPEC+ producers, slowing demand growth post-summer, and uncertainties from U.S. trade policies. Major…

Ad

Instagram Comedian, Debo Adebayo popularly known as Mr Macaroni, and Folarin Falana, rapper known as Falz, led an #EndSARS vehicular procession at Lekki tollgate in Lagos.

The duo had earlier announced the procession on their Instagram handles on Tuesday.

“In memory of those who died that day and those we have lost to police brutality, we will: drive through the toll gate from 8-10 am; blast our horns in unison as we drive through and wave our flags.”

The celebrities were joined by some youths who rode in a convoy, waving flags at journalists and security operatives at the tollgate, around 9am on Wednesday.

The procession was in memory of the EndSARS protest which ended controversially on October 20, 2020, where some protesters were said to have been massacred, while the government said there was no killing, claiming soldiers deployed to the scene only fired live bullets.

Ad

X whatsapp