Ex-NNPC Boss,Andrew Yakubu, Drags EFCC To Court

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

Mapped: U.S. Tariff Rates by Country

Key Takeaways The Trump administration increased tariffs, citing trade deficits and national security concerns. Brazil and India received the highest tariff rate of 50%. Under the second Trump administration, new tariff levels have been applied to over 80 countries, with rates ranging from 10% to 50%. The U.S. President argues that persistent trade deficits and…

Thai Court Dismisses PM Over Compromising Phone Call with Cambodian Leader

Thailand’s Constitutional Court on Friday dismissed Paetongtarn Shinawatra from her position as prime minister, ruling that as the country’s leader she violated constitutional rules on ethics in a phone call with Cambodia’s Senate President Hun Sen. The ruling means she immediately loses her job, which she had held for about a year. Paetongtarn was suspended…

Oil Prices Dip but Stay on Track to Extend Last Week’s Gains

Crude oil prices were set for another weekly rise after additional 25% tariffs on Indian exports to the United States kicked in on Wednesday, raising doubts about the supply of Russian crude. At the time of writing, Brent crude was trading at $68.17 per barrel, with West Texas Intermediate at $64.20 per barrel, both slightly down from Thursday’s close…

Ad

Former Group Managing Director of the National Nigerian Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mr. Andrew Yakubu has dragged the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over forfeiture order.
It would be recalled that earlier last week, Justice Zainab Bage Abubakar of the federal high court Kano, while ruling on an ex pate application filed before it by the EFCC’s counsel, ordered that the $9.8 million and 74,000 pounds recovered from Mr. Yakubu be forfeited to the federal government.

 

Mr. Yakubu was dragged before Justice Zainab by the commission after it recovered $9.8 million and 74,000 pounds from his residence in Kaduna state.
However, Mr. Yakubu has also dragged the commission to another federal high court sitting at Court road, Kano seeking redress on the forfeiture order.
Counsel to the former NNPC boss, Mr. Ahmed Raji, who spoke through Barrister Abdulkarim Kabiru Maude said his client had applied for motion on notice seeking the court to vacate the forfeiture order earlier granted by Justice Zainab.
The EFCC’s spokesperson at the Kano Zonal office, Idris Nadabo, while confirming the development, said the case is coming up on the 7th March, 2017 at the Federal High court sitting at Court road, Kano.

 

Ad

X whatsapp