Dudafa Trial: Appeal Court Throws Out Ozekhome’s Application

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

2027: Jonathan's likely Presidential Bid gets PDP’s S'South Support as Rivers Kick, Split

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Nigeria opens 50 oil, gas blocks as NUPRC launches 2025 licensing round

By Obinna Uballa The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has announced that 50 oil and gas blocks across multiple basins will be placed on offer as part of the 2025 Petroleum Licensing Round, scheduled to begin on December 1. The commission said the bid round, approved by President Bola Tinubu, will be conducted in…

Ad

Justice Ugochukwu Oguakwu of the Court of Appeal sitting in Lagos today, June 15, 2017 threw out the application of a former special adviser to Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Waripamowei Dudafa challenging the ruling of Honourable Justice Babs Kuewumi on the plea of the 4th to 7th applicants who had earlier pleaded guilty to laundering the sum of $15Million in a matter involving the Wife of Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

Justice Babs Kuewumi had earlier dismissed the application of Dudafa that was filed by his counsel, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN) challenging his ruling on the plea of the four companies on the grounds that the application was incompetent and an abuse of process.

In the same manner, Justice Oguakwu of the Appellate Court in a well considered judgment also dismissed the application of Waripamowei Dudafa and ruled that the notice of intention to contend the appeal filed by Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), on behalf of the 4th to 7thapplicants are incompetent and liable to be dismissed.

The 4th to 7th applicants namely, Pluto Property and Investment Company Limited, Seagate Property Development and Investment Company Ltd, Trans Ocean Property and Investment Company Ltd and Avalon Global Property Development Company Ltd had in September 15, 2016 pleaded guilty to conspiring with three others to launder the sum of $15Million.

Those charged with them are Waripmowei Dudafa, Amajuoye Azubuike Briggs and Adedamola Bolodeoku.

The court also held that the application for the 2nd defendant, Amajuoye Azubuike Briggs challenging the plea of the 4th to 7th defendants before Justice Kuewumi be argued and ruling delivered at the end of the case pursuant to Section 396 (2) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015.

Ad

X whatsapp