Diplomacy No Longer An Option After US Strikes On Nuclear Sites — Iran

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

2027: Jonathan's likely Presidential Bid gets PDP’s S'South Support as Rivers Kick, Split

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Nigeria opens 50 oil, gas blocks as NUPRC launches 2025 licensing round

By Obinna Uballa The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has announced that 50 oil and gas blocks across multiple basins will be placed on offer as part of the 2025 Petroleum Licensing Round, scheduled to begin on December 1. The commission said the bid round, approved by President Bola Tinubu, will be conducted in…

Ad

By Kolawole Ojebisi

The Islamic Republic of Iran has declared that the United States of America has crossed the red line by bombing three of its key nuclear facilities in the early hours of Sunday.

Iranian foreign Minister, Abbas Araghchi, made this declaration on Sunday while talking to journalists in Istanbul in the wake of U.S. airstrikes in Iran.

Araghchi said that while the “door to diplomacy” should always be open, “this is not the case right now,”

“There is no red line that Washington has not crossed in its recent actions against Iran.

“And the last one and the most dangerous one was what happened only last night, when they crossed a very big red line by attacking nuclear facilities only,” he added.

Araghchi had earlier posted on social media, accusing Washington of breaching international law.

“The United States, a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, has committed a grave violation of the UN Charter, international law and the NPT by attacking Iran’s peaceful nuclear installations,” he wrote.

Araghchi continued, “The events this morning are outrageous and will have everlasting consequences. Each and every member of the UN must be alarmed over this extremely dangerous, lawless and criminal behavior.”

He added that Iran “reserves all options to defend its sovereignty, interest, and people”.

The New Diplomat reported that the US bombed Natanz and Isfahan without sparing Fardow which is considered the most fortified and prized nuclear site in Iran.

The US struck after days of threatening to join the conflict between Israel and Iran in the Middle East.

“We have completed our very successful attack on the three Nuclear sites in Iran, including Fordow, Natanz, and Isfahan,” Trump posted on Truth Social, adding that the military planes were now on their way home.

Ad

X whatsapp