Delta Carnage: Army Publishes Names Of Commander, Others Who Were Murdered

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

2027: Jonathan's likely Presidential Bid gets PDP’s S'South Support as Rivers Kick, Split

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Nigeria opens 50 oil, gas blocks as NUPRC launches 2025 licensing round

By Obinna Uballa The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has announced that 50 oil and gas blocks across multiple basins will be placed on offer as part of the 2025 Petroleum Licensing Round, scheduled to begin on December 1. The commission said the bid round, approved by President Bola Tinubu, will be conducted in…

Ad

By Abiola Olawale

The Nigerian Army, on Monday, released the identities of soldiers who were gruesomely murdered by suspected militias in Delta State last week.

The New Diplomat reports that at least 17 soldiers of the 181 Amphibious Battalion of the NA, who were on a peaceful and mediatory mission in Okuama and Okoloba Communities in Ughelli South and Bomadi LGAs of Delta State were murdered by armed gangs in the communities.

Since the news broke out there has been tension in Delta State over a reprisal attack. A few days after the incident occurred reports emerged that troops invaded some communities in the area, and launched a reprisal attack on residents.

However, the Army had debunked reports that its officers were planning to attack the people in Delta state. In a statement issued by the Director of Army Public Relations, Major General Onyema Nwachukwu said there “will be no reprisal on the part of the troops”.

See the full list of the Soldiers who lost their lives:

LT Col Ah Ali

Major SD Shafa

Major De Obi

Capt U Zakari

SSgt Yahaya Saidu

Cpl Yahaya Danbaba

Cpl Kabir Bashir

LCpl Bulus Haruna

LCpl Sole Opeyemi

Lcpl Bello Anas

LCpl Hamman Peter

LCpl Ibrahim Abdullahi

Pte Alhaji Isah

Pte Clement Francis

Pte Abubakar Ali

Pte Ibrahim Adamu

Pte Adamu Ibrahim.

Ad

X whatsapp