Delta APC Denies Report of Violence At Stakeholders’ Meeting

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer
Austin Utuk vs Akanimo Udofia: Court Summons INEC, Winner Of Disputed A/Ibom APC Gov. Primary

Ad

Oil Prices Dip but Stay on Track to Extend Last Week’s Gains

Crude oil prices were set for another weekly rise after additional 25% tariffs on Indian exports to the United States kicked in on Wednesday, raising doubts about the supply of Russian crude. At the time of writing, Brent crude was trading at $68.17 per barrel, with West Texas Intermediate at $64.20 per barrel, both slightly down from Thursday’s close…

Tesla sales tumble 40% in Europe as BYD surges past rival

By Obinna Uballa Tesla’s grip on the European electric vehicle market continued to loosen in July, with sales plunging 40% year-on-year even as Chinese challenger BYD posted explosive growth, according to data from the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA) on Thursday. New car registrations of Tesla vehicles totaled 8,837 in July, down 40% year-on-year, according…

Tinubu Returns to Abuja, Says Foreign Engagements ‘ll Enhance Nigeria’s Economic Growth

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu returned to Abuja on Thursday, August 28, 2025, following a state visit to Brazil and an earlier visit to Japan. Shortly after his return, Tinubu stated that his international engagements are focused on fostering economic growth, job creation, and long-term prosperity for Nigerians. In a statement shared on…

Ad

By Hamilton Nwosa(Head, The New Diplomat’s Polling, Research & Data desk)

The Delta State All Progressives Congress (APC) has declared as “wholly false” reports that its stakeholders’ meeting held on Wednesday was marred by violence. It also warned those it called “mischief makers” to desist from a campaign of calumny against Senator Ovie Omo-Agege who is striving to reconcile and unite party members ahead of the elections in the state.

In a statement by the APC Publicity Secretary in the state, Sylvester Imonina, the party said the report was the handiwork of those out to smear the party and its leaders.

While admitting that there were plans to cause mayhem at the meeting, the statement said however that the plotters had a change of mind.

“Yes, few fringe mischief-makers planned an attack on the stakeholders meeting but chickened out in the end. They may have realised that their plan would have consumed them either instantly or by the operation of law. It was therefore a failed coup.”

According to the statement, those behind the fake news were so desperate that they latched on an “alleged private disagreement that occurred very far from the venue of the meeting to justify their bogus claim. That is sad and utterly disingenuous. It will not fly.”
Insisting that the supposed list of persons who were attacked “is fake”, the statemet said “all attendees, including Evang. Ossai Abbey (Ogboru’s running mate in the 2019 general elections), participated in the meeting from the beginning to the end.”

While expressing worry that Ogboru’s name is being mentioned in the fake news, the party declared, “if it is indeed true that Ogboru has a hand in it, then we worry whether he sought the views of his evangelist friend before associating himself with the shame of a plain lie.”

Ad

X whatsapp