Dele Farotimi Breaks Silence, Sends Cryptic Message After Recent Troubles

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Concerns as Nigeria loses out over South Korea’s $100bn energy deal with the US

By Obinna Uballa Nigeria’s crude oil exports to Asia, a crucial market, is currently facing renewed pressure and uncertainty, experts have warned. According to experts, this development stems from South Korea $100 billion deal agreement with the United States to purchase US energy over the next four years. This has consequently escalated rivalry and competition…

Proton Energy Plans Radical Upgrade of Nigeria’s Energy Supply

Panic as US moves to limit visa duration for Nigerians, other int’nal students, journalists

The United States government is proposing new rules to shorten visa validity periods for Nigerians and other international students and foreign journalists, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has announced. Under the announced plan, F visas for foreign students would reportedly be capped at four years, not withstanding the length of their academic programs. Currently,…

Confusion as NLC inaugurates Edo caretaker committee in defiance of State assembly

By Obinna Uballa There is an ongoing confusion in Benin City as the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) inaugurated a caretaker committee for its Edo State chapter despite a resolution by the State House of Assembly directing it to suspend the exercise. The assembly had, on Tuesday, passed a resolution urging the NLC to work with…

Ad

By Abiola Olawale

A human rights lawyer and writer, Dele Farotimi, who was recently in detention has broken his silence, days after he was released from the Correctional Centre in Ekiti State.

Farotimi, who has been in the news over alleged defamatory statements made in his book said he is not afraid of anything despite the ongoing trial.

He maintained that he remains undaunted amid his trial for alleged defamation.

Taking to his X page on Thursday, Farotimi said that he cannot be ruined.

He wrote: “Tomorrow will be ‘when we kill him’. They then use rumours to ruin him.

“A god that the god of thunder cannot kill. Is the power of the god of thunder not enough to destroy? I face no fears. I have none.”

It would be recalled that on December 24, Farotimi was released after perfecting his bail conditions.

The activist had been arraigned on a 14-count charge bordering on alleged defamation. The police had accused Farotimi of “criminally defaming” Afe Babalola, a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN), in the book titled: ‘Nigeria and its Criminal Justice System’.

Farotimi is currently facing trial in two courts on charges bordering on alleged defamation of Afe Babalola.

Ad

X whatsapp