A’Court Verdict: Fire’ll Consume Whoever Seeks To Ignite Chaos In Kano, Emir Sanusi Blows Hot

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Mapped: U.S. Tariff Rates by Country

Key Takeaways The Trump administration increased tariffs, citing trade deficits and national security concerns. Brazil and India received the highest tariff rate of 50%. Under the second Trump administration, new tariff levels have been applied to over 80 countries, with rates ranging from 10% to 50%. The U.S. President argues that persistent trade deficits and…

Thai Court Dismisses PM Over Compromising Phone Call with Cambodian Leader

Thailand’s Constitutional Court on Friday dismissed Paetongtarn Shinawatra from her position as prime minister, ruling that as the country’s leader she violated constitutional rules on ethics in a phone call with Cambodia’s Senate President Hun Sen. The ruling means she immediately loses her job, which she had held for about a year. Paetongtarn was suspended…

Oil Prices Dip but Stay on Track to Extend Last Week’s Gains

Crude oil prices were set for another weekly rise after additional 25% tariffs on Indian exports to the United States kicked in on Wednesday, raising doubts about the supply of Russian crude. At the time of writing, Brent crude was trading at $68.17 per barrel, with West Texas Intermediate at $64.20 per barrel, both slightly down from Thursday’s close…

Ad

By Kolawole Ojebisi

The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has reacted to the recent ruling in a series of judgements given by courts concerning the issues arising from the dispute over the exalted Kano emirate stool.

This is as the Emir appealed to residents to maintain calm and resist any temptation that could provoke unrest in the ancient city, stressing that those who want to ignite Kano will be consumed by the consequences of their wish.

Emir Sanusi made the appeal in a viral video on Saturday night stressing that some people were hell-bent on instigating unrest in the state.

Recall that the Appeal Court in Abuja on Friday set aside a Federal High Court judgement nullifying the Kano State Government’s last year’s steps and actions based on the Kano State Emirate Council (Repeal) Law 2024, including the reinstatement of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as the 16th Emir of Kano.

Delivering judgement, a three-member panel of the Court of Appeal declared that the 20 June 2024 verdict of the Federal High Court in Kano was flawed as the court lacked the jurisdiction to hear the suit.

Reacting to the ruling, the monarch said, “As you all know, the Appeal Court has confirmed today that the Federal High Court has no jurisdiction over emirate issues. This judgment was expected, and those who initiated the case in court knew this all along.

“Even the judge who issued the initial order was aware of the limits of his jurisdiction. Those who influenced him to make that decision also knew the truth.

“However, for the past eight months, their aim has been to promote selfish interests and instigate unrest in this part of the country.

“Despite their efforts, our greatest achievement is that the state has remained peaceful. There has been no violence or disorder. We call on everyone to continue maintaining peace and unity.

“This battle is not ours but God’s. And God does not need anyone’s help. Let us keep praying for His guidance and intervention. May God protect us, and whoever seeks to ignite chaos in Kano, may that fire consume them instead.

“To those who wish harm upon Kano or its peace, may they face the consequences of their own wishes.

“They may attempt to provoke violence, but let us not respond to their actions. Let us not engage them in any way. Whoever questions God’s judgment will ultimately face the consequences of doing so,” Sanusi said.

Ad

X whatsapp