Commodore Olawunmi Honours DIA’s Invitation After Blockbuster Interview

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Atiku slams N17.5trn pipeline security bill, says figure rivals Nigeria’s 12-year subsidy bill

By Obinna Uballa Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has accused President Bola Tinubu’s administration of overseeing what he described as one of the most alarming financial scandals in Nigeria’s history, following revelations that the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) spent N17.5 trillion in one year on pipeline and energy security. In a statement issued…

Way Forward: Experts, Policy Leaders Affirm Africa’s Energy Future rests on Technologies As Solewant Group ends 9th Summit

Policy makers, energy experts, the academia, diplomats, captains of industry, amongst other stakeholders in the oil and gas sector, have unanimously affirmed that for Africa’s energy development to be assured, there must be emphasis on and investment in the training, acquisition and application of emerging technologies to drive it. This was the generap consensus of…

Reno Omokri Appreciates Tinubu for ‘Christlike’ Ambassadorial Nomination

By Abiola Olawale Former presidential aide and prominent social commentator, Reno Omokri, has expressed gratitude to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu following his nomination as a non-career ambassador-designate. Omokri, known for his vocal opposition to the President before the nomination, described the gesture as "Christlike," emphasizing the theme of forgiveness and national unity. In a statement…

Ad

Retired Nigerian Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi, has showed up at the Military Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA), Abuja few days after he was purportedly declared wanted by the agency following his blockbuster interview on the state of security and terrorism in the nation last week.

It was reported that the former Navy commander arrived at the agency’s office in company of his lawyers, Femi Falana (SAN) and Abubakar Marshall.

Recall the Defence Headquarters had refuted reports that it has declared Olawunmi wanted in the wake of a near-tell-all-interview on Channels TV, where he alleged that some political office holders including serving Nigerian Governors and Senators are sponsporing terrorist organisations and bandits that are causing havoc in the country.

A statement issued by the Director of Defence Information, Major General Benjamin Sawyerr on Saturday had said the force only summoned Olawunmi via a text message to share intelligence and collaborate with the military on the anti-terrorism fight in his capacity as a top ex-serviceman.

“You recall Olawunmi said he has privileged to lots of information during his media interview on Channels.

“He was only invited through text message to come over as a retired military officer to shed more lights with the information that would assist the AFN to further fight against terrorism, insurgency and banditry.”

Ad

X whatsapp