Collapsed Ikoyi Building: 29 Families Submit DNA Samples For Bodies Identification — LASG

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer
Collapsed Ikoyi Building: 29 Families Submit DNA Samples For Bodies Identification — LASG

Ad

Nsukka Catholic Diocese Grieves Loss of Bishop Emeritus Francis Okobo at 89

By Abiola Olawale The Catholic community in Nsukka, Enugu State has been engulfed by tears following the passing of Most Rev. Dr. Francis Emmanuel Ogbonna Okobo, Bishop Emeritus of the Nsukka Catholic Diocese. It was gathered that Okobo passed away on Friday, August 29, 2025, at the age of 89. The revered cleric, who served…

Anticipation as Tottenham Accelerates Transfer Chase for Atalanta’s Ademola Lookman

By Abiola Olawale English football club, Tottenham Hotspur is reportedly intensifying negotiations to sign Atalanta’s star forward Ademola Lookman as the summer transfer window approaches its September 1 deadline. It was gathered that Lookman, a 27-year-old Nigerian international, has reportedly caught the eye of Tottenham. Lookman is also reportedly eager to return to the Premier…

Oil Prices Aren’t Likely To Rise Anytime Soon

Analysts surveyed by Reuters expect Brent Crude to average $67.65 per barrel and WTI Crude to average $64.65 per barrel this year, with slight adjustments from previous forecasts. Factors contributing to the subdued oil price outlook include rising supply from OPEC+ and non-OPEC+ producers, slowing demand growth post-summer, and uncertainties from U.S. trade policies. Major…

Ad

The Lagos State Government says 29 families have submitted samples for DNA to identify bodies evacuated from the collapsed 21-storey building in Ikoyi.

The Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Gbenga Omotoso, said in a statement that the identification of bodies had continued at the IDH, Yaba, Lagos Mainland.

Omotoso said that a committee to supervise the identification and release of the bodies had been set up, and comprised senior officials of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Justice.

”Twenty-nine families have come forward to submit samples for DNA to identify bodies that they wish to claim.

”In cases where identification is clear and there are no arguments, the bodies will be released to the families as from this week.

”At the site, the operation continues. It will go on until the site is cleared and no body is left in the rubble of the collapsed 21-storey edifice,” he said.

The commissioner said that the Panel of Inquiry set up by Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu to find out why the building went down and suggest ways of stopping such incidents had continued its sittings.

He said that the panel was collecting documents that might help unravel the mystery of the collapsed building. (NAN)

Ad

X whatsapp