Chibok Abduction: What Buhari Told Me About Missing Girls – Zulum

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer
Chibok Abduction What Buhari Told Me About Missing Girls - Zulum

Ad

Tesla sales tumble 40% in Europe as BYD surges past rival

By Obinna Uballa Tesla’s grip on the European electric vehicle market continued to loosen in July, with sales plunging 40% year-on-year even as Chinese challenger BYD posted explosive growth, according to data from the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA) on Thursday. New car registrations of Tesla vehicles totaled 8,837 in July, down 40% year-on-year, according…

Tinubu Returns to Abuja, Says Foreign Engagements ‘ll Enhance Nigeria’s Economic Growth

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu returned to Abuja on Thursday, August 28, 2025, following a state visit to Brazil and an earlier visit to Japan. Shortly after his return, Tinubu stated that his international engagements are focused on fostering economic growth, job creation, and long-term prosperity for Nigerians. In a statement shared on…

Access HoldCo Names Innocent Ike CEO as Aig-Imoukhuede tightens grip after Wigwe’s death

By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has confirmed the appointment of Mr. Innocent Ike as its substantive Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (GMD/CEO), effective August 29, 2025, following approval from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The announcement comes less than 24 hours after Roosevelt Ogbonna, the Managing Director of Access Bank, resigned…

Ad

Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum on Wednesday revealed what President Muhammadu Buhari told him about the yet to be released Chibok girls.

This was contained in a statement released by Governor Zulum on his official facebook page, marking the abduction of schoolgirls that took place in Chibok exactly seven years ago.

According to Zulum, President Buhari has not lost hope on the yet to be released Chibok girls.

Zulum added that Buhari is not happy that no fewer than 100 girls were yet to be released seven years after the abduction of over 276 girls on the night of April 14, 2014 in Chibok, Borno State.

His statement reads, “from my series of interactions with the President, Commander in Chief, Muhammadu Buhari, I have seen in him that he is as concerned as the parents of the Chibok and all of us.”

Zulum further said some of the girls have been reunited with their parents and are being catered for by the Federal Government.

On his part, the governor also disclosed that he has not lost hope on the fate of the yet to be released girls.

His word reads, “As a father of all sons and daughters of Borno, I haven’t lost hope that our remaining Chibok schoolgirls and other abducted persons will be safely recovered

“I can’t even imagine the pains of having one’s daughter held by terrorists for as long as seven whole years.

“However, I urge parents, especially anyone with a female child to pause for while, no matter how brief, to imagine how it might feel to have one’s daughter abducted and held for more than 2,549 days so far. Imagine how parents and relations of these girls have been feeling in each of these days.

“Certainly, the mental torture of not knowing the fate of one’s daughter in the hands of Boko Haram is far worse than losing a child.

“No parent can ever lose hope in a missing child, and having that hope comes with so many pains of anxiety and depression.

“Parents of Chibok schoolgirls have been devastated yet they have demonstrated faith and strength in the hope of reconnecting with our missing daughters.

“They deserve our continued empathy, our compassion, our support and most importantly, sharing their optimism.

“From my series of interactions with the President, Commander in Chief, Muhammadu Buhari, I have seen in him that he is as concerned as the parents of the Chibok and all of us.

The governor was optimistic that the remaining girls would soon be released.

“I believe the President and I urge everyone in Borno to sustain prayers for those girls and everyone in abduction to be safely freed, and for peace to be fully and permanently restored in Borno.” He said.

Gov Zulum prays that God in his infinite mercy would answer “our prayers and grants us the peace we have been so desperate to gain for almost 12 years now.

“While we pray, our prayers are being combined with relentless support for security agencies, and funding thousands of our recruited volunteers, as we all remain determined in our shared goal to free Borno and all its people.” he added.

Ad

X whatsapp