CBN Breaks Silence On Emefiele’s Alleged Sack

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

Details: Why Roosevelt Ogbonna Quit Access HoldCo board

• He remains Bank MD, Says Access By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has explained that Mr. Roosevelt Ogbonna, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Plc, resigned from the Board of the HoldCo to comply with regulatory guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The company, in a statement signed…

U.S. Crude Stocks Fall Another 2.4 Million Barrels

Crude oil inventories in the United States decreased by 2.4 million barrels during the week ending August 22, after falling 6 million barrels in the week prior, according to new data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) released on Wednesday. The build brings commercial stockpiles to 418.3 million barrels according to government data, which…

NASA Chief, Experts Hail SpaceX as its Starship nails key test flight after fiery failures

By Obinna Uballa SpaceX's major win on Tuesday as its big Starship rocket successfully completed a critical test flight, marking a turnaround after a string of explosive setbacks earlier in the year, has elicited reactions, reports said. Experts have reportedly hailed the move as groundbreaking. The more-than-400-foot rocket, central to SpaceX’s commercial ambitions and NASA’s…

Ad

The Central Banks of Nigeria, CBN has debunked reports that its Governor, Godwin Emefiele has been sacked.

Several online media platforms particularly blogs had reported earlier today that the CBN governor was sacked by President Muhammadu Buhari.

While some social media users believe the president may need to go through legislative processes before sacking the governor, others have continued to spread rumours of his alleged sack.

But the Head of Corporate Communications of the Central Bank, Osita Nwanisiobi has reportedly said the purported sack was not true.

Denying the report, Osita said, “I heard it just the way you got it too. As far as I am concerned, it’s a rumour, I’m not aware of any sack”

Recall that the CBN Governor has been under pressure since he declared interest in running for president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2023.

Some stakeholders had called for his sack over his involvement in partisan politics and the free fall of naira, said to have lost 70% of its value since he became the CBN Governor in 2015.

Ad

X whatsapp