Buhari: We are doing our best to end Boko Haram activities

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer
new-diplomat default image
new-diplomat default image

Ad

Tesla sales tumble 40% in Europe as BYD surges past rival

By Obinna Uballa Tesla’s grip on the European electric vehicle market continued to loosen in July, with sales plunging 40% year-on-year even as Chinese challenger BYD posted explosive growth, according to data from the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA) on Thursday. New car registrations of Tesla vehicles totaled 8,837 in July, down 40% year-on-year, according…

Tinubu Returns to Abuja, Says Foreign Engagements ‘ll Enhance Nigeria’s Economic Growth

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu returned to Abuja on Thursday, August 28, 2025, following a state visit to Brazil and an earlier visit to Japan. Shortly after his return, Tinubu stated that his international engagements are focused on fostering economic growth, job creation, and long-term prosperity for Nigerians. In a statement shared on…

Access HoldCo Names Innocent Ike CEO as Aig-Imoukhuede tightens grip after Wigwe’s death

By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has confirmed the appointment of Mr. Innocent Ike as its substantive Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (GMD/CEO), effective August 29, 2025, following approval from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The announcement comes less than 24 hours after Roosevelt Ogbonna, the Managing Director of Access Bank, resigned…

Ad

Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari says his government is doing its best to bring an end to the activities of the Boko Haram sect.

President Buhari stated this when he received Jean-Yves Le Drian, France’s Minister of Defence.

Buhari said a multinational task-force will soon be established to patrol the waters of the Gulf of Guinea.

He said patrols by the taskforce will augment and boost ongoing efforts to improve security in the Gulf, and curb crude oil theft and piracy.

“When we got into office in May, last year, Boko Haram was effectively controlling at least 14 local government areas. But now, it is no longer so, and they have resorted to attacking soft targets with improvised explosive devices,” Femi Adesina, Buhari’s spokesman quoted him as saying.

“We are determined to secure all of our territory effectively. We are doing our best and our troops are now operating in the Sambisa Forest.”

Buhari also expressed his government’s appreciation of the assistance and support of France and other G7 countries, which he said, has helped Nigeria achieve significant successes against Boko Haram.

Le Drian assured the Nigerian leader that France will continue to assist his country to overcome Boko Haram, saying that all militants must be seen as common enemies of the free world.

 

Ad

X whatsapp