Broadcast My Probe Proceedings Live For Nigerians, Natasha Tells Senate

Abiola Olawale
Writer

Ad

Obi Slams ECOWAS Over Guinea-Bissau: Calls Out ‘Double Standard’ 

By Abiola Olawale Former Labour Party Presidential candidate Peter Obi has criticized the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), accusing the regional body of applying a glaring "double standard" in its response to the recent political turmoil in Guinea-Bissau. ​In a strong statement released on his X handle on Sunday, titled "Reflecting on the…

Presidency Slams Obasanjo, Says Terrorism Began During His Administration 

By Abiola Olawale The Presidency has criticised former President Olusegun Obasanjo, directly challenging his recent critiques on the nation's security crisis. In a statement issued on Sunday, the Presidency asserted that the foundation of terrorism and extremist violence in Nigeria was laid during Obasanjo's tenure, dismissing the narrative that the current administration inherited a peaceful,…

Atiku slams N17.5trn pipeline security bill, says figure rivals Nigeria’s 12-year subsidy bill

By Obinna Uballa Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has accused President Bola Tinubu’s administration of overseeing what he described as one of the most alarming financial scandals in Nigeria’s history, following revelations that the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) spent N17.5 trillion in one year on pipeline and energy security. In a statement issued…

Ad

By Kolawole Ojebisi 

The Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, has demanded that her probe not be handled behind closed doors.

The lawmaker rather called for the proceedings at the Senate to be broadcast live, declaring that Nigerians have a right to witness the process.

Akpoti-Uduaghan, who was referred to the Senate’s Ethics and Disciplinary Committee following her altercation with Senate President, Godswill Akpabio over a seating arrangement.

The Senator made the request in a statement she posted on her Facebook page on Thursday.

She said she had so far refrained from speaking publicly on the issue and other developments in the Senate but had now decided to break her silence.

She urged Nigerians to follow the proceedings closely, emphasising that she would push for full transparency.

She wrote, “Good morning courageous people of Kogi Central, Kogi State and Nigeria.

“This petition came to my notice a few hours ago.

“In as much as I have refrained from publicly speaking on the matter and a lot of occurrences at the Senate under Senate President Akpabio, it’s about time I break my silence.

“Arise News, set a date and I shall be in your studio in person. Spare no questions.

“And to Nigerians, please be sure to join the probe which I shall insist would be covered live.

“The next few days and weeks shall be interesting but will shape the standard and quality of Nigeria’s leadership.”

Ad

X whatsapp